Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there an option I can toggle so that searching in a playlist does not filter the songs?

Is there an option I can toggle so that searching in a playlist does not filter the songs?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi!

Just wondering if there is a setting I can choose so that searching in a playlist simply finds the song I'm looking for in a playlist instead of filtering the que to only play songs with that keyword I searched in the title and if not, can you please do so in future?

Thank you so much.

spotify2.JPG
spotify1.JPG
2 Replies

*edit: even if I clear the search bar, the que is still stuck*

Hey there @Live-Love-Dream

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Keep in mind that the Play queue is generated depending on the song/album/playlist you play first, but it will change if you start playing something else.

If you listen to a playlist, but then you filter the songs in it and click play from one of songs you filtered, a new Play queue will start based on those results only.

If you start listening to an album/playlist and want to continue listening to it after playing a specific song you found after filtering, you need to make sure to add that song to the queue so the original Play queue isn't affected.

Hope this clears things up! If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts