Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs not showing up in albums

Solved!

Liked songs not showing up in albums

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Google Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

For the past couple weeks, my spotify web player has had an issue with albums. On some albums, it doesn't show which songs I've liked on it. However, if I have the album saved, my liked songs show up. It seems like there are duplicate versions of the albums. I haven't had this problem until recently--is there any way I can fix it?

Below I've attached two screenshots: a screenshot of an album from the artist's page that doesn't show my liked songs and another screenshot of the same album from my library that shows my liked songs. Thanks for your help!

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 7.44.58 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 7.45.25 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for the quick response and the info.

We've checked this album out and it appears that there are indeed two versions of the album. This happens sometimes when a certain album/playlist is taken down due to copyright issues and then gets reuploaded.

Can you try to dislike all the liked songs from the album, as well as the album itself. Then log out and log back in, and see if you can see any of those liked songs anywhere in Your Library. If not, open the album up from the artist page again and like the songs inside again. Bear in mind that this may take some time to update depending on your connection speed.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you try logging out and back in twice, as this will force your account to resync with the servers?

Could you also send us links to the same album which you see in your Library and the one in the Artist page?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply.

I logged out and logged back in twice and the problem didn't go away.

Here's the link to the album that's in my library: https://open.spotify.com/album/3uIsEwFYYV4rwRssSEJ8Lb?si=UBrslz0ISte-YDUQtNSy2w

Here's the link to the album that's on the artist page: https://open.spotify.com/album/3AV0YFhIzY0LDeaJPU5x3O?si=9mWQnQFpQdiuto5rTKIXgQ

I have a few other albums that are having the same problem and I'd be happy to provide more links if that would help.

Marked as solution

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for the quick response and the info.

We've checked this album out and it appears that there are indeed two versions of the album. This happens sometimes when a certain album/playlist is taken down due to copyright issues and then gets reuploaded.

Can you try to dislike all the liked songs from the album, as well as the album itself. Then log out and log back in, and see if you can see any of those liked songs anywhere in Your Library. If not, open the album up from the artist page again and like the songs inside again. Bear in mind that this may take some time to update depending on your connection speed.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Sounds good, thanks!

This is one of the biggest flaws, and this "Solution" is nothing of the sort. 

I have been with Spotify for over 10 years. I have maybe 4,000 songs in Liked Songs?

I'll here a song on TV or something and think, "Why do I not have that in my Liked Songs???". So I check, and of course, I do! "So why do I never hear it played in my Spotify list?"..... Hmmmmm.....

The remedy is to go to the artist page. Go to the Discography. Find the album in question. Click on it and see that, according to Spotify, I have *NO* liked songs on it. ARGH. 

So as always happens, you have to screenshot all the songs from that album in your Liked Songs playlist, then UNLIKE them, THEN go to the "real" album in the real discography and re-like them. 

This is such an obvious and annoying problem, and has never been taken care of. Seems like this should be a number one priority. Even above <gasp> another social widget or lyrics screen. What good is any of that if you don't even feed me my liked songs? 

I'm currently testing Apple Music to see if they have this issue (guessing they don't). Listen, Spotify, how hard is it to link the song to the album ID, and periodically (daily/weekly) relink liked songs that have no home *back* to the right album? 

It's a mess. 

Here's a great example, just found it today. Someone mentioned the band Sublime. I realized that I don't remember hearing them come up lately while listening to my Liked Songs. So I check. Sure enough, I have three of them "Liked":

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 12.47.11 PM.png

So I went to the Sublime artist page, then Discography, and checked the two versions of this Sublime album:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 12.48.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 12.49.06 PM.png

Note that neither album has any songs liked, or more importantly, the three I had originally liked in 2014. 

So this service is inherently FLAWED. Every time an album is re-uploaded for whatever reason, it unlinks your Liked Song entries and you'll never hear them again. 

+1000 to FrankFurter. This has been happening to me all the time lately. I visit an artist page to track down what songs were my favorites and it looks as though I've never saved the album or ANY of the songs. It's a huge pain! The versions are virtually indistinguishable. It should be easy to sync likes between versions in most cases. It seems like it's been getting worse lately. 

Agree that this is obnoxious and the current solution is a workaround at best. Also, seeing the date when I liked a song is a neat feature, and un-liking and then re-liking a bunch of songs will cause that history to disappear. A working app would mean not having to go through my thousand or so liked songs un-liking and re-liking them. 

I’m so glad I’m not the only one. This has been driving me crazy. I’ve spent years liking songs and albums on Spotify but the only way to find them now is in my liked songs. Why can’t the new album versions (which I’ve noticed often have new artwork or some slight change) sync with the existing albums I’ve liked? I don’t want to re-like my favorite songs over and over so they show up in albums. So frustrating!

Was there a solution to this? I didn't even think to come to the forums as I thought it was only my glitch so was suprised to see it happening to so many people. It's such as pathetic bug, when you consider the concept of liking a song and it appearing in your Shopify library is probably the most important feature of the platform and yet it doesn't even work properly. I was talking to customer service a week ago and they were making me do all this stupid unecessary stuff such as logging out, deleting programe and reinstalling it blah blah blah. Why don't they actually just fix it. Seem too busy focusing on spending silly money on podcast rights rather than investing in fixing current issues.

This isn't solved at all, it is ridiculous that I should spend hours on un-liking and re-liking songs because of your design flaws.

Get your stuff together and figure a solution which doesn't cost your users HOURS of their free time.

Shame on you for calling this a solution.

@Alex please unmark your post as the solution. It is 2023 AND I AM STILL GETTING THIS ISSUE. Way to ignore your customers, Spotify. Great product management.

Agreed, this is not solved.  I pay monthly for Spotify as well. It's just gotten worse. It's wasting a lot of work in liking and creating playlists for long-term tracking of music I love. Makes me want to be less invested in the platform than it being my home.

This is far from solved. None of the suggestions works for me and others I know and on the rest of this thread.

Suggested posts