Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On repeat playlist not updating

On repeat playlist not updating

Hey guys, my "on repeat" playlist hasn't updated for over a month, I have tried logging out of everything (using the button), it didn't work. Anyone who has had this issue and has a solution, please let me know, thanks, I'm kinda bored of those songs now lol

32 Replies

Hey there @Cryoverspillage

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply.

Thank for the reply, I tried this and it didn't work. Tried logging out and back in, didn't work. Throughly uninstalled on all devices and re-installed, didn't work. Any other ideas? I think that's the most I can do, short of creating a new account, which I don't want to do, I don't want to lose all the data I've built up over the years

Hey @Cryoverspillage

Thanks for getting back to us.

As you suggested, It'd be helpful to try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

No worries, in case you need to create a new account you can seamlessly transfer all of your collected music and settings into your new account. 

Let us know how it goes. 

I went on Spotify today and it seems to have sorted itself, so maybye logging out of everything did help, but it takes a few days for it to "go through". Also Spotify crashed on my Xbox, so maybe that helped too.

Hey there @Cryoverspillage,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear that logging out and back in seems to have done the trick! This could be  because it forces a sync between your device and account information.

If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Enjoy your tunes and have a lovely day 🎶

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Tried the thorough uninstall/reinstall on my Macbook, but unfortunately it didn't work. "On Repeat," "Repeat Rewind," and "Friend Activity" have not been working correctly for over a week now. Any ideas?

Hey @GlacioD!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this.

First we'd like to mention that we're currently looking into some issue with the Friend Activity feature and you can keep an eye on our investigation here. Also keep in mind this change to feature that might be causing some of the issues.

When it comes to the On Repeat and Repeat Rewind playlists - could you let us know in a bit more detail what exactly seems to be happening? If you're seeing the same for a long period of time, we'd recommend making sure you're not using the Private session future on too many listing sessions and that you're saving  some new fave songs to your playlists or Liked songs.

We'd also recommend logging out and in 2 times to force a sync between your account the devices you're using.

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator

Thank you for getting back to me. 

In regards to "friend activity" all of the settings were already as suggested, so I'm not sure what's occurring there. It started misbehaving shortly before the most recent software update.

As for On Repeat and Repeat Rewind, it usually updates after three days but now it has been nine days, and an update has yet to occur. No private sessions, nothing different on my end of things. 

I have tried the through delete, and reinstall. I've logged out and logged in a couple of times now too. Nothing seems to be correcting the issues.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Hey there @GlacioD

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, we suggest that you make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue @Elena sent previously. Also, please provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

On another note, could you let us know if you've been saving some new songs to your playlists or Liked songs recently? Also, we'd like to know if logging in to your account on a different device you can see the updated On Repeat and Repeat Rewind playlists.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, this is happening to me too. My On Repeat and Repeat Rewind haven't updated in 11 days, even though my Top Tracks This Month do seem to be updating. I logged out and logged back in on all my devices. What's going on?

Hey @angela98,

Thanks for the post.

Could you try relogging twice in a row. This forces the synchronization between your account and the Spotify servers. 

Note that it might take longer for those playlists to update based on your listening activity. Make sure Private session is Off and try listening to some music via the search option rather than automatically generated playlists such as Discover Weekly, Daily Mix etc.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator

Hi there. Logged in and out twice. Nothing has changed. 

Hey @GlacioD,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try listening to music only via the Search option and not through Repeat Rewind and On Repeat at all for a day and let us know if they update.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I haven't listened to On Repeat or Repeat Rewind in at least five or six days.

Hey @GlacioD,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Just to double-check-are there any changes after also trying the other steps mentioned in the thread?

Does logging in to your account on another device make a difference?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Hi there!

I'm experiencing the same problems with the On Repeat and Repeat Rewind playlists. The playlists usually update every three days, but now it hasn't updated in six days, which has never happened before as far as I am aware. I tried reinstalling on every device I use, as well as logging off and back in twice on all of the devices. I have been listening music like I always have, which includes listening through the search function as well as adding new stuff to playlists, but this has not helped so far. Any other things I can try?

Thanks!

Hi @MichielV2,

Thank you for reaching out!

In the case of these two playlists, they usually update every 5 days, since you've already performed some troubleshooting you can wait a bit more and check if there's a change. 

If the issue persists after some time, please make sure you're not playing music with the Private Session feature toggled on. 

Also, please take into account that the On Repeat playlist may not update if you're listening primarily to a certain genre or a handful of artists. If the algorithm can't gather enough data for an update, it won't populate the playlists with new content.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator

Hi,

I keep a close eye on my On Repeat list, as it is the main playlist I play music from. The 'date added' is normally max 3 days ago and now it is 7 days ago, which I have never seen before.

I double checked and I am not listening in a private session.

I haven't been listening to the same artists and genres over again. I have discovered new songs that I have been playing quite a bit in the past week that normally would have shown up in the playlist by now, but as there hasn't been an update, they haven't made the playlist. I am pretty sure that nothing changed on my end or the way that I use Spotify, so I guess something else is wrong. I'll wait a few more days and if nothing changes, check back here again.

Thanks!

Hey @MichielV2

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

On another note, we'd like to know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts