Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search and playback of queue/playlist/folder

Solved!

Search and playback of queue/playlist/folder

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

(All devices)

Operating System

(All OS's)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

Ok so I have tried googling but I found nothing of use.

I have 2 playlists inside a folder which I playback at random/shuffle, which I can only do from the Windows app, because god forbid why should you have this option on your phone right?

Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to search and queue or just play a song from your whole queue of songs without actually resetting the current queue?

For comparison of what I actually mean, lets compare to Winamp, if say I have a library of 20.000 songs, I can play these in shuffle no problem, and I can look at the entire playlist and pick out songs and play them on command or put songs in queue, I hope this doesn't sound too confusing.

The only way I found to be somewhat a solution in Spotify is to turn off shuffle and then go back through the queue if its previous in the queue or just look at the next songs in the queue if you are looking for a song with a currently playing artist.

Any input is appreciated, thank you and good day.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@pzych0p4th 

Thank you for explaining, I understand now. 🙂

I'm afraid you can't see the whole set of tracks in "Next Up". It shows about 30 tracks at once. Thus, it won't work like Winamp. Sorry about that!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @pzych0p4th 

You should be able to do the same in Spotify, at least in desktop client.

You can shuffle play the folder of your two playlists. If you check the queue button, you'll see an array of songs in "Next Up".

Now, if you want to play a random song from any random playlist, you can click on its three dots and select "Add To Queue". Checking the queue button again, you should see this song appearing above "Next Up" under an own section - "Next In Queue". Songs appearing in that section are played first.

Shuffle does not affect the tracks in the "Next In Queue".

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hey @Sebasty

Thank you for your answer, and yes you are right this is also one solution, but this is not the solution I am looking for, this option just adds the song to the queue and kind of duplicates the song I imagine.

What I am looking for is an option to browse the complete queue, similar to what you are able to do with Winamp.

I am very well aware that you can browse your playlists, but when I shuffle a folder it creates a queue from the two playlists I have in the folder, and from here I want to be able to browse all the songs, hopefully you understand what I mean.

Thanks again.

Marked as solution

@pzych0p4th 

Thank you for explaining, I understand now. 🙂

I'm afraid you can't see the whole set of tracks in "Next Up". It shows about 30 tracks at once. Thus, it won't work like Winamp. Sorry about that!

SebastySpotify Star

Yeah, it is really too bad, I guess nothing will ever really beat Winamp and its library interface/shuffle/browse or whatever you wanna call it. 🙂

Thank again for your input.

I guess the option I mentioned in first post is the only way to work around it, although with 20K songs this is not too ideal, but at least it kinda works when you hear an artist and you wanna skip to a certain song of theirs from the queue, after turning off shuffle ofc. 🙂

Suggested posts