Songs hidden on my Android still play on my Spotify Connect Amp

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Android 10 , PC on Windows 10 , Spotify Connect on Yamaha Amp RX-V475

My Question or Issue

I listen to Spotify on PC or my phone when I'm on the move and on my Yamaha Amp (with Spotify Connect) when I'm home.

I clean my Daily Mixes of the song I don't like or don't belong in it by hiding them.

They are marqued as hidden on my phone but still show up days after on my PC.

But the worst part is they still play on my Amp, and on it I can't hide a song.

Why don't they go away at least the day after I hide them ? like in "DAILY MIX"!

They used to be very nice playlists, but now every 3 or 4 songs I have crappy song that sticks in the mixes for months... It made them unlistenable...

I am missing something ? Are you working on cross platform dislike ?

Thanks to everyone

1 Reply

Hi there @lucastud,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

Currently the Hide song function is not synced between Desktop and Mobile. So some hidden songs will still appear on your Desktop. The same goes for casting to Connect devices.

There are other users who'd like to see a cross-platform sync for this option. You can show your support for the idea here by adding your +Vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely it is to be implemented.

As a workaround, I can suggest you try blocking the artists of the songs you don't want to hear. You can do that on Mobile by clicking the 3-dot menu on a Artist profile and selecting Don't play this. This way songs from that artists won't be played on PC or any other device until you unblock the artist.

Hope you find this info helpful. We're always a click away if you have more questions 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts