Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 3 XL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello! I was wondering what would happen to a blend I have created with a friend if I were to leave the blend. Would they still be able to view it and would it continue to update daily, or would it be completely removed for us both? Thanks!

51 Replies

hi! i made a blend with someone back in January and it was working fine and was in my library this morning but when I went to check right now it was there but i couldn’t access it? it gave me a message saying  “The owner of this playlist has made it private or removed it from Spotify” i was wondering if it meant the other person left the blend or there’s an error?

IMG_2366.jpg

Hey @jvsmvvvne,

Thanks for reaching out.

The most likely reason for this is the one outlined in the error message, but if the other person hasn't done the above mentioned actions, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I accidentally joined a blend with an artist on someone else's profile and I'm unable to leave it via my mobile app. I've clicked "Leave blend" and get an error message every time. Can someone help me with this? It's showing that I am in the blend on this person's profile with that artist. I've logged out/logged in, cleared my cache, and reinstalled the app with no luck.

Hi @Reillsss,

Thanks for reaching out. Does the same happen on all devices or only on one? If you haven't tried any other devices, please do so. If the issue persists, send us a few screenshots of the error you get.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

Hi Joan, 

I have tried on multiple devices and get the same error message every time. 

IMG_1333.jpeg

Hey @Reillsss

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Could you send us the Blend's URI

Additionally, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Lastly, could you check if this happens with other artist blends as well?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey, some time ago i created a blend playlist, but the other person that was in the blend blocked me and left.

I just cannot delete it, I've tried everything. If someone knows how to delete the blend if the other person has blocked me and left, please reply and help me. 😞

Hi @vvdmtrv,

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

Go to the blend and select the 3 dots. Right there you should see the option to Leave Blend. This will allow you to leave the blend and nobody will be able to access it after that. If you don't see that option or get an error message when trying, send us a screenshot or picture, and we'll take a look.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

if i leave a blend will the other person be notified on their notification centre that i have left the blend?

Hey @amzephyr,

Thanks for joining the thread!
As @Yordan has pointed out, in order for the Blend to be available, there needs to be at least two users in it. When there's only one person left in the Blend, it will become unavailable to all past participants, regardless of who had first created it.
If there are multiple people in the Blend, there will be no notification when you leave but your absence will be made noticeable by the missing songs under your name.

Hope this helps! Let us know in case there's anything else.

VasilModerator

Hi there, I also had an issue with a blend. An ex friend of mine created it, its only the two of us in the blend. I tried leaving it as we aren't friends anymore and the blend won't go away. It still shows up but the leave blend option is gone. I just want it gone. I can still see songs in it and everything.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks.

Hey there @Karissa8818

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Sorry to hear about your falling out. Let's try to fix your issue with the remaining Blend. 

We tested on our side to see how Blends will interact and were unable to reproduce this on our end. You mentioned that the Blend remains in your Library even after trying to leave. We would recommend clearing your cached files and logging out of your account to resync your account. 

Afterwards the Blend should be gone from your Library.

Hope this helps out, keep us posted.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts