Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify duplicated one of my playlists and now I can't sync between devices

Solved!

Spotify duplicated one of my playlists and now I can't sync between devices

Recently I noticed I have another playlist #2 which I didn't create and now I can't sync between devices. For example, I listen to spotify on my computer and also on my smart tv. Now, neither of them pick up where the other device left off. This used to work fine!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RobynK,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

You can learn more about how our Connect feature works by giving a look at this article.

On another note, let us put this in other words. So, as there is no connection between the apps on your devices, when you listen to music separately on each device and exit the app, you will see the most recent song played on that particular device.

The app won't remember the last song you listened to in your account in general, but it will remember the last one you listened to on the particular device you're using. This is expected for now, and this is due to the cache memory of your devices. Keep in mind that the cache stores data on the device you're using, not in your account.

We understand where you're coming from and we think this is a great suggestion. That's why we think you should consider posting it on our Idea Boards, but don't forget to follow our Idea Exchange Guidelines. Remember to check for existing ideas about this as well.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @RobynK,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Just to confirm, are your devices not syncing when using Connect or is the app not picking up in the last song you listen to in a different device? If it's the second option, we can confirm that is expected behavior since the last played song the app saves is in the app's cache. So, let us add some insights.

When you use the Connect feature and one of your devices recognizes the song that's being played on the other one, the playback queue will align between the two devices. Nevertheless, when you listen to music independently on each device and you close the app, since there's no connection between the apps, you'll see the last song played on that specific device.

We understand what you're mentioning, and you'd like to see the last song you listened to saved in your account rather than the cache. We'd recommend you submit your suggestion to our Idea boards; just take into account that you must follow our Idea Exchange guidelines, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

On another note, since you mentioned you noticed a playlist you don't created, we suggest you follow the steps you can find here to protect your account.

Additionally, make sure Log in to your account page, scroll down, and select SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE. This way you’ll sign out from every device in which your account is open.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator

Thank you so much for replying, AlejaR! I did not know about the Connect feature (I'll look into that). In the past, wherever I opened Spotify, computer or smart tv, it would always pick up where I left off. I have been guilty of not signing out with all my devices because I thought that was how it was able to remember the song last played. In terms of the cache, I assumed that is also how the app knew which song was played regardless of the device. Am I confused about this?

Marked as solution

Hey @RobynK,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

You can learn more about how our Connect feature works by giving a look at this article.

On another note, let us put this in other words. So, as there is no connection between the apps on your devices, when you listen to music separately on each device and exit the app, you will see the most recent song played on that particular device.

The app won't remember the last song you listened to in your account in general, but it will remember the last one you listened to on the particular device you're using. This is expected for now, and this is due to the cache memory of your devices. Keep in mind that the cache stores data on the device you're using, not in your account.

We understand where you're coming from and we think this is a great suggestion. That's why we think you should consider posting it on our Idea Boards, but don't forget to follow our Idea Exchange Guidelines. Remember to check for existing ideas about this as well.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator

Thank you for explaining how the cache works and soon I will submit an idea regarding this. Thank you again for helping me through this! Have a wonderful day!

Suggested posts