Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the difference between “Add to Profile” and “Make public” in playlists when on mobile?

Solved!

What is the difference between “Add to Profile” and “Make public” in playlists when on mobile?

I noticed that the new feature, “Add to Profile,” has been introduced recently on mobile. What does it mean and how does it differ from “Make playlist public”? Does this mean that my supposedly private playlist that never showed on my profile but says “Make playlist private” was viewable to my followers this whole time? Does listening to these apparently public but non-“Add-to-Profile” playlists show im Friend Activity? Thanks!

IMG_8957.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @AltClint,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

The Make Public/Private option has been renamed. You can find more info in the post marked as solution here.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @nghiemvincent12,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Add to Profile - this will add your playlist on top of the selection of public playlists which appear on your Profile page. They will be visible to everyone who opens your profile.

From the most recent updates Private playlists are absolutely private and won't be shared with anybody, even if they have a link to the playlist. So if you want your friends to see a playlist you're playing, or share a playlist they need to be marked as Public.

Hope this clears things up.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

.. so what happens if I’m listening to a friend’s playlist that I follow and ‘add to profile’? Does that make their playlist public to my followers?

Hi there @julian-de-saxe,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

If you follow another person's playlist via a link and you add it to your profile, it will be added to your profile, even if it isn't on the other person's profile.

To prevent this from happening, the person will need to set the playlist to private on their mobile phone as that option is currently only available there, then that playlist will not be visible to anyone, including you and even if you followed it previously.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

if you remove a playlist from your profile does it make it a private playlist? can others still see my playlist if i removed it from my profile? how and where can they access my playlist?

Wondering a similar thing here, if I have a public playlist that currently isn’t being added/shown on my profile page, can my friends still see when I’m listening to it in the Friend Activity feed? Or does it act like a private playlist and only show the song, artist, and album?

Hi there @saraawibii and @StoopidUser,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We suggest that you head over to this article to find more information about this.

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have this exact same question and none of the "answers" below actually answer it. How about a simple, two option multiple choice... is 1) "add to profile" a replacement for or 2) an addition to (and different from) "make playlist public"? If 1), then thank you. If 2), then how do they differ?

Marked as solution

Hi @AltClint,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

The Make Public/Private option has been renamed. You can find more info in the post marked as solution here.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hii, I have a similar question. I know that adding a playlist to your profile makes it available for people to see. But if I have a PUBLIC playlist that I HAVEN’T added to my profile, can people still find it?

Hi there @navvaya

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

If your playlist is set to public, but you didn't add it to your profile, other users can still find it from the general Search menu or if you share its link with them.  

If you don't want other users to be able to find it, you can set it to private

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator

Tysm!

Suggested posts