Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

With the new plus button instead of the heart, how do I unlike songs now?!

Solved!

With the new plus button instead of the heart, how do I unlike songs now?!

I don’t care if the button is a heart or a check or a plus, but I really care that the functionality to unlike a song is gone. I’ve had my account for years, and there are songs in my “Liked Songs” playlist that I don’t want there anymore. Before, I’d put it on shuffle and whenever one I didn’t want anymore would play, I’d simply unlike them easily by tapping the heart. I could even do it easily within the car mode. Now I can’t even find the option in the more menu! I REALLY hate that I can’t unlike a song anymore. Any suggestions?? Can we bring that functionality back?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @kb90

This same function can now be done by tapping the green ✔ Check button on the Now Playing View or by going to the options menu and tapping on "Add to playlist". After tapping the button or the option in the options menu, uncheck the "Liked Songs" playlist and then tap on the green "Done" button at the bottom. You can also use this menu to remove the song from your other playlists.

Check out this blog post to learn more.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @kb90

This same function can now be done by tapping the green ✔ Check button on the Now Playing View or by going to the options menu and tapping on "Add to playlist". After tapping the button or the option in the options menu, uncheck the "Liked Songs" playlist and then tap on the green "Done" button at the bottom. You can also use this menu to remove the song from your other playlists.

Check out this blog post to learn more.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Unfortunately today it no longer unlikes a song simply by clicking on the like button, as described in the Solution.

It seems that now when you tap the like button you go to the general playlist management screen where the option you are presented is scarily labelled as "Clear all".

When the song only appears in the Liked song list this appears to be prompting you to clear the whole Liked songs list. 

I think the programmer has tried to be clever and generic with other playlists. But other playlists don't have an equivalent of the Liked button so it's just become clunky and unclear.

My vote goes to bringing back the heart symbol toggle button.

Follow the steps exactly as they are written. You can unlike any song by itself. 

The issue is that you no longer see a visual symbol unless you roll over the song. I would like the column back with a visible symbol. Can be a heart, check or whatever, but not seeing the symbol is the issue. Can the column be turned back on?

Truly just shitty design! If I want to unlike 20 songs I now have to click 40 times in very different locations  and also scroll instead of just going down a list where I simply click or continue scrolling down 20 times. Double the clicks for no friggin reason!

The UX programmer who designed this change should be fired and blacklisted from ever working in UX again.  3 clicks to unadd a song is a sin.

I'm losing my mind unadding songs prom favorites. It's so annoying, just smashing my mind. Please restore the previous UX. And fire this genius, who has invented this sh*t.

BRING BACK THE SIMPLE HEART I'M BEGGING YOU. Ya'll are adding random **bleep** that nobody asked for and complicating things. I just want to unlike a whole lot of songs I don't like anymore without it taking AN ENTIRE HOUR to finish.

Yes. It's logically a stupid implementation of liking and unliking things. Trying to be different for the sake of being different rather than designing usable product is a classic example of pretentious UI/UX design.

Suggested posts