Step 1

NEXT STEP

lost playlists

lost playlists

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have had issues with my Spotify account with regards to my Vodafone mo that payments. I only have ever used one Spotify account and only have one login.

my Spotify premium was taken away and was unable to use Spotify and only the free version would work for 30 seconds. I have had the premium subscription added back on and all my playlists are now lost. I have logged out and back in and have asked for the free subscription to be added back on and taken off to see if any changes happen but I am logged into my account using the premium subscription and I have no playlists that I used to have. 

6 Replies

Hey, that sounds very weird. Do you know or can you say why your premium subscription was taken away? Did you cancel it, or was it automatically canceled? I personally find the whole story with losing the premium, going back to free and buying it again weird. How do you mean "the free version would only work for 30 seconds"? What happened after these 30 seconds?

Hiya.

ice had issues with my Spotify in the last 2 weeks as when I went to use it I would get an error message saying my subscription had expired, but as I am with Vodafone I use there entertainment package where I am get Spotify for cheaper. 

I used to have all my music on there and all downloaded ready for me to play. I went to use it and it said my last payment did not work, I’ve been speaking to Vodafone for weeks and someone called me yesterday to help with this situation. They were able to put me back on the entertainment plan, as someone before allowed me back in, but it was just the free version where my Spotify music would play and then drop after 30 seconds. I really need to get my music back as I had the understanding that with your account you sign in anywhere and your music would follow? 

Are you able to help in getting g this back please as it’s rather annoying and not what I need. I’ve had issues day in day out for the last 2/3 weeks and now this has happened it’s all added up. 

Honestly, I personally am not sure if I can help you.

All your saved music should indeed be saved to your account, but to me, it doesn't look like you are on the same account anymore. Does the entertainment plan just work so that when you buy a Spotify subscription via your mobile plan, they make it cheaper for you, or do they have some sort of control over your payment, thus having control over your account?

What I mean is, that if your account is kind of regulated by Vodafone, something may have happened to the account.

I thought that logging in wherever you are on any decide with the username and password would mean all my music comes with me. 

I used to pay for Spotify off my own account and pay the usual £9.99 for it. Taking out a context with Vodafone last October I was using the same details to login and all my music was there. 

Since then I realised I was paying a cheaper version of Spotify through Vodafone as well as my usual £9.99 to Spotify so I was paying for it twice. I  have been speaking to Vodafone for weeks now reading this and last night someone was able to take me back onto the premium account but everything was lost. I am not aware of any other usernames that I’m supposed to have and I don’t suppose you can see if there’s any either so I now have no idea what to do and slightly annoyed that the fact I’ve lost everything. Is there nothing at all that can be done?

I have spoken to Vodafone again and looks as though there are 2 profiles for me linked to one email address? 

I have been able to search for my profile and I can see my playlists there and have been able to follow the account , but I would like to access the account that has the correct playlists and get to my old profile. I have tried all usernames I just need to access the account. The email address has never been changed and I would like to get the old one back and then give me access to the old one and then cancel this new that had supposedly been added.

if someone could give me a call and assist this would be great, as I need to access the old account rather than this new one!

Oh wow, two accounts on one mail account? That definitely shouldn't happen. If I were you, I would probably just delete the account that you always land on, but don't do that. That's very risky and you might just lose everything.

Instead, you should probably go and contact customer support. They are probably the only ones that can help with this from now, as really it's a technical problem with Spotify.

Good luck with recovering your account and have a good week.

Suggested posts