Solved!
Highlighted

trouble building playlist and library oddness

Casual Listener

Premium plan

USA

Samsung Galaxy A10C Phone/ Google Home Device

Windows 10 

This is probably me being stupid...but I'm having the **bleep** of a problem attempting to build a new playlist and suspect I'm doing something incorrect. I name the playlist and then go to "add songs" and select artist by name. The albums/songs available are listed, but when I select a song and then attempt to add more songs, I have to start over by choosing the artist then choosing the album again and again. This seems ridiculously complicated. Why can't I open an album and select multiple songs without having to go through four additional steps to build the list? As it seems now: select artist; select album; select song and add to list; go back and reenter artist name, reenter album name, find next song, etc. What am I missing here? I also use Pandora and there I select the artist/album and can then select multiple songs all at once. I know there has to be a way to do that here, but somehow I'm missing that step. Thanks for any help.

My Question or Issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: trouble building playlist and library oddness

Hey @CarneyT52,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your question here.

It seems like what you're experiencing is the expected behavior of the app when creating a new playlist on mobile. 

To confirm, you'll be able to filter-search songs to add to your new playlist based on an artist's name and, in particular, you'll be able to select a song from one of their albums.

Then, you'll be redirected to a box called 'Similar to [name of the last song you added]', featuring more songs suggested by Spotify, and you'll have to repeat the same procedure again to add more songs from the same artist's album.

To avoid this, you can use our Desktop app (which you can always download here) and CTRL+click (Windows) or Cmd+click (Mac) each of the songs you wish to add from that album.

Then, you'll just need to drag&drop them all at once onto the playlist name which you'll see under PLAYLISTS in the columned list on the left side of the screen. 

This should save you some time 🙂

Hope you'll find it helpful. We'll keep an eye on your reply if there's anything else we can help with!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Hey @CarneyT52,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your question here.

It seems like what you're experiencing is the expected behavior of the app when creating a new playlist on mobile. 

To confirm, you'll be able to filter-search songs to add to your new playlist based on an artist's name and, in particular, you'll be able to select a song from one of their albums.

Then, you'll be redirected to a box called 'Similar to [name of the last song you added]', featuring more songs suggested by Spotify, and you'll have to repeat the same procedure again to add more songs from the same artist's album.

To avoid this, you can use our Desktop app (which you can always download here) and CTRL+click (Windows) or Cmd+click (Mac) each of the songs you wish to add from that album.

Then, you'll just need to drag&drop them all at once onto the playlist name which you'll see under PLAYLISTS in the columned list on the left side of the screen. 

This should save you some time 🙂

Hope you'll find it helpful. We'll keep an eye on your reply if there's anything else we can help with!

MarioModerator

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Thank you! I actually blamed myself thinking I was missing
something obvious to all but me. 🙂 Okay...now that I know, I will try to
create my playlist using my computer rather than the phone. Thanks again -

Irene
Highlighted

Hey @CarneyT52,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and for your words of gratitude 🙂

Glad that what suggested turned out to be useful.

Feel free to reach out at any time if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a great day!

MarioModerator
SUGGESTED POSTS