Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Access Downloads Through Carplay?

Access Downloads Through Carplay?

When using carplay, I do not see a section to access my downloaded albums/playlists.  I can access my library which has some of the same things, but would doing so use the local downloaded copy or stream it?

4 Replies

Hi,

I just posted a similar Q. I also want to avoid mobile data costs. On another post I read you can turn off spotify mobile data in Settings>Mobile Data and then scroll down and then toggle Use Mobile Data For: Spotify to off.

Not sure if this works for Carplay.

It would be much better to have a downloaded music menu option as per the ios app!

Also would like to see this. Just switched from Apple Music and was amazed that there was no Spotify offline menu in CarPlay. It really ruins the experience while driving.

I contacted Spotify support and they told me the feature is missing in Carplay.  They suggested creating an Idea which I have done.  Please vote my idea so that this feature gets implemented.  Without this feature, I am thinking about switching to Apple Music, I'm sure other people will feel the same when they get a new car with a Carplay infotainment system.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Carplay-Browse-Add-a-Downloads-section-to-Carp...

"Without this feature, I am thinking about switching to Apple Music, I'm sure other people will feel the same when they get a new car with a Carplay infotainment system."

I couldn't agree more. I have jumped back over to Apple Music for this exact reason. I hope Spotfiy adds the ability to easily filter to just downloaded music in CarPlay so I can return to Spotify soon.

Suggested posts