Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artwork not displaying via Airplay from iOS 9.3.1 to Apple TV 4

Artwork not displaying via Airplay from iOS 9.3.1 to Apple TV 4

Spotify fails to send the artwork via Airplay. When playing an album or playlist the album artwork will display correctly for the first song. Skipping to the next or playing the next song in the qeue will result in no artwork being sent via Airplay. 

When playing from the following devices this can be replicated

• iPhone 6S running iOS 9.3.1
  • iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.1
  • iPhone 5 running iOS 9.3.1 

To an Apple TV 4

Spotify just has so many ongoing issues. I recently switched from Asus Nexus Player/Chromecasts to Apple as I was tired of waiting for Chromecast support for Spotify. Only to find Airplay doesn't even work correctly with Spotify. App after app works with Airplay and Chromecast flawlessly. Why is it so hard for developers at Spotify to make things work correctly? I don't understand why Spotify insists on making it so hard to enjoy your music you pay for. 

I'm just growing tired of having to wait for things to just work. Just make it work already. 

IMG_0268.jpg
2 Replies

Can anyone else comment if they too have an Apple TV 4 and use spotify over Airplay. Does album artwork display or not? 

I have the same problem Spotify do something I've sent 3 emails and no response yet

Suggested posts