Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browse Local Files by Artist/Album on Mobile

Browse Local Files by Artist/Album on Mobile

Hello - New premium user trying to transfer from iTunes here. I have an extensive local library that I own that I'd like to use to supplement streaming tracks for those items that are not in Spotify's catalogue (T Swift, old Chance the Rapper, etc). 

I've been able to port these in via local files playlists & downloading to device, but when I "save to library" they don't appear under artists/albums on mobile (iOS). Basically, if I own/have saved all of Chance the Rapper's songs, I'd like to be able to play them all by going to "my music," selecting him as an artist, and then just shuffling. It looks like, currently, I can only play the local files in the "my songs" view, which just doesn't work.

Hopefully that makes sense - does anyone have a solution here? It's odd because when saving songs to my library on the desktop app I'm able to view the songs by artist, album, song - whatever I want.

2 Replies

Any ideas here?

Any update to a solution? I'm in the same boat, a ton of music on my desktop I want to integrate into the app just an all in one library. I will say if there's no solution for Spotify I do like the shuttle music player app.

Suggested posts