Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Re: Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

nickfry2
Casual Listener

I also can see Sonos from spotify app then try connecting.  After about 10secs of trying to connect it reverts back to phone.  Never had this problem before.  Cannot use Sonos app as this has insufficient functionality to reach all my music in Spotify.

Also I have always had problems changing volume levels through Spotify app when connectected to Sonos.  Get round this by openning Sonos app to change the volume.

I only got premium for the Sonos connectivity so may have to leave.  Google music with Sonos works effortlessly.  I am trialling them both.

Phatmacness
Not sure if this helps at all but I just recently had this problem yesterday and fixed it just maybe two minutes ago I wasn't able to play music on my Sonos from the Spotify app on my phone but I could on my tablet and while trying to troubleshoot I opened up the Sonos app on my phone which I knew would play already and went into my settings to check for online updates and it was one of vailable after the update finished I closed it out went back into the Spotify app and was able to select the Sonos and now my music is playing. Hope this helps

Kawasaki

Hi, Just created an account in the SONOS app and boom it works!

hope this helps 

timhester3000

Same thing! I logged into my Sonos account from the app and it started working again. I logged a case two days ago with Sonos support, but as is often the case, forums are where you get help.

pgralla
Casual Listener

I had the same problem and fixed it by going into Sonos and in Settings-->Services, chose the option to reauthorize Spotify. That did the trick...at least for the time being.

marcusbabajews
Regular
Did the sonos update and reauthorised spotify in sonos app. Still having problems. Started a week ago. Google play works perfectly

smookiah
Casual Listener

I pretty much have the same problem. I can see the sonos player on my spotify app and when I click it says connecting but then reverts back to my phone.

Also I can seem to find spotify from my sonos app either under Add music services.

marcusbabajews
Regular
Okay, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify and it's been back to
normal. Give that a go and hopefully it will help you too

smookiah
Casual Listener

Tried that as well and no luck

pgralla
Casual Listener

I'm back to not being able to connect to Sonos players from Spotify. I reauthorized it again, and it no longer works. Neither Sonos nor Spotify seems to take this seriously.

SUGGESTED POSTS