Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Re: Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

wascloud
Thanks for the tip! Reauthorizing Spotify inside the Sonos app fixed everything

etanb

Thanks for the tip. Reinstalling the Spotify app did the trick for me. At least for now. 😄

3 people liked this

BrackoBruin

I've had the same problem as everyone else for the last couple weeks on my iOS phone.  I can play Spotify from inside the Sonos app, but couldn't use Spotify app to connect to Sonos.  When I tried to connect, it would try for 5 seconds, not connect and return to my phone.  Per other suggestions, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app, and also reauthorized Spotify from inside the Sonos app (Settings > My Services > Reauthorize Account).  Neither of these worked for me.

Finally, from inside Sonos, I deleted the Spotify service (Settings > My Services > Chose Spotify > Remove Account).  Then I went back and added Spotify service inside Sonos again and I can finally connect my Spotify to Sonos again (for now at least).  Good luck!

mikydesign

I have the same issue and it's incredibly frustrating. Works fine one minute, then simply won't connect an hour later. The Spotify app is updated, Spotify Connect shows up in the "devices available" but when I select it, nothing. The issue is persistent on both my laptop (mac) and iphone app. **bleep**?!?

Spectre103

Guys its very easy, go to sonos app than settings than my sonos account if you have a account, if you dont have a account than you need to make 1 than you can connect form spotify. :)

bcarlin1

I Don't know if my problem is same, but i go to a song on my playlist and it on spotify connect or spotify web player and no issues now it stops around 9 seconds but other songs and these are the ones not in my playlists they work fine, I Don't understand why my songs won't work? Please Help?

aOoooooo
I had the same problem and I went to the Sonos app and then to manage music services, next removed the Spotify account and finally just added it back again and it worked!
1 person liked this

AndreaMazzai

BrackoBruin suggestion made my day:

from inside Sonos, I deleted the Spotify service (Settings > My Services > Chose Spotify > Remove Account).  Then I went back and added Spotify service inside Sonos again and I can finally connect my Spotify to Sonos again (for now at least)."

I'm on iOS.

ccsammy21

Make sure you have the latest version of Sonos installed - did the trick for me.

2 people liked this

MikeKulls
Casual Listener
Spotify is basically horribly buggy when it comes to casting. Absolutely hopeless for a multi billion dollar company. They simply need to hire some decent developers and fix the issue. It's not hard. I thought it might be a Chromecast issue but it is just as buggy with Sonos. I've raised this before and my posts have been closed.
SUGGESTED POSTS