Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Re: Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

clare77
Casual Listener

well I have solved it, somehow although I don't understand why this worked.  I used the app on my phone to connect to the Sonos speaker.  This somehow booted the macbook app into life so that it then also recognised the sonos speaker.  I can now control my playlists from the macbook.  Bizarre?

Jayemflo

This worked for me! Not sure if it helped, but before removing/adding the Spotify service on the Sonos app on my iPhone, I made sure to close Spotify on my desktop. Haven't went to see if it works again on Desktop, but it works on my phone now! Thanks!

Edit: I just found out that by clicking "Reply" on the comment that helped me, it only just replies to the whole thread and doesn't nest my comment under that on which I clicked reply. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

drakaeon

I have 4 Sonos speakers here...  
When I use the Sonos app, it works fine, all 4.

When I use Spotify app (desktop on mac), problem with one speaker.  The other 3 works fine... but one.. I can't connect.  Weird. 

tried reinstall spotify app, reinstall Sonos controler app, reboot Sonos, reboot computer..  reauthorize Spotify through Sonos App.    

It's really annoying.   I am new to Spotify since 3 days...   :/ 

1 person liked this

KidSonos

I solved the problem by running Spotify on my notebook and connecting to the speakers. After that I could connect my Spotify app on my smartphone with the Sonos speakers.

3 people liked this

communitypschit
Casual Listener

Me too ! And the other solutions did not work. But I've found another one :

Connect to one and every device where you use your Spotify account. Launch Spotify there, and quit.

Then, you'll be able to choose the Sonos Connect to play your music.

I suspect, but this is entirely speculative, that a token is put on the device using the Spotify account, and, in some circumstances, this token is not released. This lack of release partially invalidates the use of your Spotify account. In this case, again this is complete speculation, I suspect that Spotify has rules over the way third party editors use the Spotify services through their API. These rules may be relaxed with Spotify own software.

Anyway, even if I'm totally wrong in this analysis, it solved my case and I can use Spotify from my phone on my Connect again.

Bartosz1988

And Me tooo... i cant connect Spotify apps to My Sonos :-( Help...

2 people liked this

beardypete
Music Fan

Yes same issue here - Sonos will play Spotify tracks, but Spotify won't stream to Sonos. Streaming to Google Home devices from the Spotify app is fine. I've removed and reinstalled the Spotify and Sonos apps several times,  reregistering the Spotify service each time, but to no avail. It's the same story on two Samsung tablets, a Samsung phone, and a Motorola/Lenovo phone. It was working fine and I haven't changed anything... 

chuckd29

Same thing just happened to us.  Not sure if a Spotify update broke it or what.  But two phones and three tablets suddenly can't connect.  Works fine if I use Spotify inside the Sonos app though.  Frustrating.

user-removed
Not applicable

Same problem here. Have tried all suggestions including deleting the Spotify app and no dice. 

alcatravis

Same thing. Has just started happening. Have even factory reset my phone. Powered down the Sonos playbar. Works fine from Sonos app, but can't connect from the Spotify app, even though is listed there.

SUGGESTED POSTS