Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

You can turn shuffle on for songs in Your Library, or any playlist, album, or artist profile. However, Shuffle isn’t available when listening to some playlists, like an endless Radio for example. 

You can find more info about the Shuffle feature in this support site article.

Please note that if you're using a mobile device you won't be able to turn off Shuffle on playlists with this icon   unless you're on Premium. You can take a look at this video tutorial for more info.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the relevant Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

265 Replies

Anyone know how to turn shuffle mode off on their iphone? I tried holding down the shuffle icon but it just changes tracks? I looked inn settings too, nothing. Anyone know how to do this? I would be most grateful.

Hi Pume622,

You can turn off the shuffle by clicking on the i at the top of the screen whilst a track is playing.  The shuffle option will be at the bottom of the screen - green is on, grey/black is off.

I am currently listening to:Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra – Sibelius : Karelia Suite Op.11 : I Intermezzo from this Playlist sent to me by a customer.

Thanks for the help!  That had been driving me crazy.  I kept looking undert the playlist instead of the individual song playing....not the most intuitive if you ask me so thank goodness for this forum

Thanks for the answer to this - it's been bugging me for ages.  What a poor interface to hide this in "i" whilst a track is playing!!!

regards, Jon

Come on Spotify how fricking hard can it be to let's us easily turn off the STUPID shuffle play? Listen to your customers please!

Speaking about the i, Spotify ..i.. to you too

Wow, that had been driving me crazy too! Thanks for the tip. Please let the UI guys know about this at Spotify.

Terrible, HORRIBLE, interface. Was about to cancel my subscription because this crazy shuffle issue was making me give up every time I tried to listen to a playlist. And after I turn shuffle off it STILL says Shuffle Play in Playing Now! Playlist hamdling is generally horrible, especially on iPhone. Come on guys, learn some computer science and figure out to manipulate lists! It's not that hard.

Ya. Thank you very much. I figured it out once (obviously since I had it turned on), and I have been looking for it often as well.

I listen to alot of classical symphonies and they should really be heard in the order they are listed ;).

Spotify hopefully will pick this thread up and change the interface so the "shuffle" button will be able to toggle on and off. 

Also been driving me crazy, found it once before and sorted it but had the same problem again and had to resort to Google.

Terrible UI, also have been wanting to sort my playlists alphabetically since beta! A lot Spotify does right but the interface is not part of it

Yes I agree with everyone above...if anyone from Spotify is reading this, please change this! It would be much more intuitive if you could just click on the symbol or the words "shuffle play" at the top of the playlist to toggle it on and off...I turned it on by accident and had been wondering for weeks how to fix it on my iPhone before I took the trouble of getting on my laptop and searching for this forum to finally figure it out. 

Finally!  Thanks for the answer.  This could have been way easier.

Indeed, I fully agree with you all! This "feature" is really driving me crazy!!!

Pls Spotify: hear your paying customers and this basic feature should be in the next release very soon... Shuffle play should be able to controlled on both album/playlist level and as default account setting.

Thanks for the answer, this was driving me crazy !!

Wow THANK YOU! I could not figure this out for the life of me.

Spotify, please fix!

I suppose that was bloody easy to find, but really couldn't see the wood for the trees, thanks Calvin for this, i was literally looking blindly for that since i hit shuffle by mistake (ok, too tempting because the button is so big, i thought it was so big that something special might happen....nope, just shuffle) about 2 years ago, actually gave up the less-than-epic search some time ago and was resigned to having spotify on random, but some of my playlists are eclectic enough without adding an unmethodical arbitrary element!  The activate shuffle button is so prominent it's almost as if Spotify is only advocating random play! weird.....

I reccomend making the main Shuffle button within the playlist act like a toggle. Thank you Calvin for the answer.

THANKS so much! that bothered me since ages! and the worse - i found it some time ago -and now it drove me nuts that i couldn't figure out again where to turn off the shuffle play! really spotify - please change that on your next update!! it is not at all intuitive to place it under the "i" button! 🙂

Thanks for the answer. Was driving me nuts.

Suggested posts