Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

265 Replies

I can see where the button is to turn off at the bottom left. But why not make it default off and use the shuffle play large obvious button to toggle between on/off?

I did not find such a shuffle button. 

Same here im a free registered user and it wont let me turn it off its kind of frustrating. Thank you for listening 

I just paid for 1 years subscription, come on Spotify sort this out.  You have a big green 'shuffle' button MAKE IT WORK.

Bit like driving a car where to turn a corner you do not turn the steering wheel you have to turn the heater on !!!

WHY CAN YOU NOT TURN OFF SHUFFLE PLAY!?!? I AM NEVER USING SPOTIFY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

You can turn shuffle on for songs in Your Library, or any playlist, album, or artist profile. However, Shuffle isn’t available when listening to some playlists, like an endless Radio for example. 

You can find more info about the Shuffle feature in this support site article.

Please note that if you're using a mobile device you won't be able to turn off Shuffle on playlists with this icon   unless you're on Premium. You can take a look at this video tutorial for more info.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the relevant Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts