Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CarPlay shuffles my playlists' queue when I connect my iPhone.

CarPlay shuffles my playlists' queue when I connect my iPhone.

Okay, I have the specifications listed below on the device I am using, and the car I currently drive. 

This has been an issue for nearly over a year now, and it is infuriating. I have been using CarPlay for multiple years and have had zero issues. But ever since around the time of iOS 14 or earlier, my CarPlay seems to just not work properly. 

What I mean, is that I can be listening to a playlist, go through 50 of 300 songs, and then when I connect my phone to my car.... the ENTIRE QUEUE RESETS. I HEAR THE SAME SONGS I JUST HEARD. Like actually, if I have my queue list open when I connect my car, I can see the entire playlist just shuffle AS IF I NEVER EVEN LISTENED TO ANY OF THE SONGS AT ALL AND JUST OPENED IT. 

This doesn't just happen with playlists that I create for music, but this also happens with audiobooks too. 

Literally, I was listening to a Halo audiobook a couple of days ago, and was on Chapter 2. I connected my phone to my car, continued listening to chapter two, but when the next chapter came up... it was chapter 12... 

Not only was this annoying, but it ruined the ending of the book for me BECAUSE IT WAS THE LAST CHAPTER. I looked at the queue and instead of 12345678 etc... it was chapter 2, 12, 8, 5, 6, 4, 7... like WHAT? WHY DID IT SHUFFLE AUDIOBOOK CHAPTERS. 

I have searched high-and-low for my settings on my phone, and found nothing in regards to CarPlay shuffle or anything. 

I contacted Spotify support multiple times about this issue, and I have done everything they asked me to do. Uninstall, reinstall, hard reset my phone, disconnect my phone from my car, forget the device on both my car and phone, clear cache, remove downloads, delete all data, hard reset phone (press volume buttons and stuff), restart phone, checked settings again for anything, used a test account with playlists, slayed a dragon, saved the princess, got married, had 5 kids, died happy at 100 years old... I have done EVERYTHING. 

It is not like this issue is consistent too, it happens when it wants to. Like I could connect my phone perfectly fine and not worry about my playlist queue being shuffled, but then I would turn around and the entire playlist restarts and the queue changes. 

It is annoying when you hear the same song you just heard prior to connecting your car when you have playlists of hundreds of songs like me. It's like... I just heard that...

Honest to god, I have tried everything Spotify support had asked me to do, even up to the point where they offered me to DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND MOVE ALL DATA TO A NEW ACCOUNT. 

I am about to give up, please, there has to be someone who has had this issue. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA (best country)
Car

Volvo S60 T5 2014

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.2.1

6 Replies

Hello @AudenD 

Welcome to the Community Forum! We are very happy to see you!

This sure is quite the doozy. You mentioned that our friends over in Support tried their best to help out but to no avail? If so then maybe their last resort option to move your data to a new account was the way to go. That's nothing to worry about though, you wouldn't notice a difference. All of your music, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks... every piece of you would be in this new account and if that ends up being the cure to your ailment wouldn't it be worth the try?  

However, before jumping the gun on moving your content, you mentioned that you made a new account, how did that workout for you? Hopefully if the issue isn't present there then moving your content would be the cleanest solution.

Keep us posted on how it works out,

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I never made a new account, Spotify asked me to use one of their own testing accounts. I tested it over and over again, but i am sure i didn't spend enough time trying to get the issue to repeat itself. I only tested it 20 minutes, and i'm not gonna turn my car on and off again a ton. 

Why should the result be me swapping accounts? that makes no sense. why can't this be fixed through software? why is the only solution a scorched earth? 

I mean, will i be able to use the same email or anything?

Hey @AudenD,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, sometimes the only solution to an issue is creating a new account, however, the process is pretty straightforward as @Elena pointed out above.

Of course, we understand your hesitation going forward with this approach and in that case, we'd recommend using the test account for a few more days to make sure that this is the root cause of the issue.

Regarding your last question, yes, it's possible to use the same email address for the new account.

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

MihailYModerator

I found that I can cause the issue 100% of the time when I fully close out of the Spotify application (by swiping up) and opening it back up after connecting it to my car, as well as quitting out of the application and opening it back up while still connected to my car. 

I have looked online, and I have found a few threads about people complaining about their queue restarting after connecting their car. 

This is a Spotify issue, software related i'm sure, I am NOT going to make a new account since the outcome will be the same. 

I tested to see if by NOT closing out of Spotify would be the main issue, and it isn't. the issue still occurred... I am very mad that Spotify has this issue and it needs to be fixed. Why does my Spotify feel the need to re-arrange my queue (both on shuffle and not on shuffle) each time i connect it to my car? this is stupid. I want this fixed. 

Hey @AudenD,

Apologies for missing this. As mentioned in the other thread you've posted in, this is being investigated.

Any updates about the issue will be posted there so make sure to subscribe.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts