Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast audio dropping

Chromecast audio dropping

I have a recurrent problem when using spotify with Google Chromecast Audio, where the audio just stops. The app keeps counting as if playing but nothing plays. I have to skip to the next song for it to come back. It seems to happen frequently if while playing a song I rewind back to the beginning or to some other point. Then the odds are much higher that the audio will drop later while still playing that song.

4 Replies

I have similar issues.  I'm not sure when the latest big change for Chromecast playback got pushed, but it's a HUGE step back compared to what it was a few months ago.  Audio stopping, silence the first few seconds of every track, just awful all around.  Not sure how this release made it past QA.

I have the same problem, if I'm playing a playlist containing more than 50 songs. A playlist with a maximum of 50 songs is playing fine, even in a multiroom setup with three Chromecast Audios. Anyway, it's very annoying to have to split your favorite playlists in 50-song-lists.

I read about this problem in the Chromecast Help Forum but found no solution to this problem either.

Can you test the behavior of your Spotify App, when playing a playlist with less than 50 songs on your Chromecast Audio?

Same here. Really enoying. 

Same problem here. Music stops but song keeps playing and I have to skip to next track. Occurs about every 5-10 songs. Pesty. And Spotify sometimes pauses inexplicably (pause symbol shown on TV). I'm using Google Home -> Chromecast -> LG TV -> Yamaha amplifier.

Suggested posts