Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Solved!

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Spotify on my iPhone 5S still crashes on startup!!
I've got iOS 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.8.0 (updated Oct. 3rd, newest available version in Norway) 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on my phone.

I have a premium account, and haven't been able to use it since iOS 8 came - extremely frustrating.

Hope to get help soon!!!! Miss my music 🙂

Brg

Gry

107 Replies

Does your phone still work? I just got a new iPhone 6 with the latest iOS 8.1.2 but the app keeps crashing on me, argh!

@beddychew 

I haven't seen anyone else having this problem with the new iPhone 6,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you!!  UGH I don't know how I could possibly be the ONLY person having the issues ...  I'm already on my 2nd iphone 6 since Christmas, both w/ the same problems!

Crash on IOS8. I had that all the time with my 5S and 6. soo frustrating. Then i followed the steps above. cold restart. Then i went to the app store THEN take care: don't download the old app via icloud, but download Spotify for IOS6!!! believe it or not. Succes\

@beddychew wrote:

Thank you!!  UGH I don't know how I could possibly be the ONLY person having the issues ...  I'm already on my 2nd iphone 6 since Christmas, both w/ the same problems!

Spotify constantly crashes on my iphone 3. It's unable to play any album all the way through without crashing, closing itself down. I then have to restart the app. And when starting up it takes an age .....and once started is very, very unresponsive.

Nothing like this though on my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Tab3. It works great on both of those devices.

@niceonept 

The regular Spotify iOS app only supports iOS 7 and 8 now.

For the iPhone 3GS, you will need to make sure you are updated to the latest version of iOS 6 and download the Spotify app for iOS 6 here:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/spotify-music-for-ios-6/id511889746?mt=8

If you have an iPhone that is older than the 3GS, then you will not be able to use Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star

M. thanks for the reply.

The iPhone is running on IOS 7.0.1. (which itunes says is up to date) and has the latest version of Spotify.

Still crashes, stutters and closes down all the time though.

Spotify, iPlayer, and Radioplaye rare the only apps I have installed on the phone - so it's hardly clogged up or too busy!

@niceonept 

Have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app and then restarting your phone to see if it works?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Still crashing. 

And when it doesn't crash, it unsync all my playlist and force me to log on again. 

Tried uninstalling, changing region language. I can't even install spotify for ios6, which would be nice enough, since they facking blocked it on the french store. 

My phone is an iphone 6, with ios 8.1.2.  Spotify version is, obviously, the latest available on the app store. Everything works neatly, but spotify.

EDIT: tried uninstalling again. I could run the app, I logged in, everything worked fine. Then I killed the app and restarted it: crash. Tried uninstalling again, waited 15 mn, rebooted the phone and reinstalled. I could then log in. I killed the app and restarted it, this time it went directly to my previously opened playlist. So it seems solved. 

Still, this happened randomly after a few days of heavy use. I do hope it won't happen again.

This didn't work for me. I have tried everything I could think of but its not working at all. I've been paying for premium for about a month now and I am using a jail broken iPhone, I don't know if that has anything to do with it? Please send any more suggestions you may have. I am desperate!

Has anything happened recently to cause this crash? What do I do to fix it?

2.8.0 crashes on Ipad and on IPhone 5s (both on IOS 8.1.2). Re-Installation does not fix the Problem. App crashes direct after entering the Login Data.

Please fix asap.

CU
Markus

Crashes as soon as I open it, Apple logo shows and then lockscreen.

iPhone 5s with iOS 8.2 Spotify 2.8.0.

Which message has Spotify written in red:

We're aware that some of our Premium customers may currently be receiving the Free service instead of Premium. We're very sorry about this and are working hard to solve this as quickly as possible.

Perhaps you can change this into:

We're aware that some of our Premium customers have paid for this service. And we have made a great update so your paid product will crash when you start up Spotify on your iPhone. We do not test this on several devices. We also do not think about to put the previous version in the App Store. Because we are busy to fix this update. Untill we have fixed the problem, you will not be able to use Spotify. Thanks for your money. We are doing everything we can, except giving you a simple solution to install the old version and use this version until we have solved the problems with the update.  

Really, crash after crash. Just be honoust and dont put lies on the page. Its crashing and there is no such thing as free service for everybody who have a premium account.

Greetzzzz

Holland

Hai,

any news about the leak in your boat?

No answer is keep people filling in what you all are doing out there.

My gues:

You are looking for the reason why your boat is sinking, in stead of fixing the leak.

After fixing, then look for that reason.

So, please put back the old version and then do all you want to fix the update.

Reboot, uninstall spotify, cleaner iOS, installed spotify, logged in and crash, reboot-->crash.

I sure would appreciate an answer. That is the least spotify can do?

My iphone is jailbroken too. I had issue with the anti jailbreak detection package "xCon" which crashed Spotify on every run. I removed it and it worked for a few days before the issues that made me post here.
Since some JB tweaks made it possible to use spotify as premium without a subscription, this is no wonder that they're hunting for the jailbroken devices.

If you don't have xCon or related installed, try to respring in safe mode, and see if spotify still crashes.
If it doesn't, something in your cydia is screwing things up. And this is where I wish you luck, since I had to remove half of my packages before realising it was xCon.
If it does, the crash ain't related to jailbreak. And since spotify has regular users with high post count and retarded badges instead of a serious QA service with real insight on the app source code, I wish you, again, good luck.

Hai Callibrae,

amen to that!

i only want to add that Spotify is shooting mosquito's with a canon.

It should make no difference if a persons iPhone is JB or not.

I paid for spotify.

And if they want to get rid of the illegal apps, i understand. But use a sniper and not a canon.

Spotify is now in charge of a JB phone.

Can it get any crazier?

PS: just got promoted again. Really! in 2 days, 3 promotions. I thought that having 2 kids were the best thing in life that happened to me.

Take a seat, cause i just got an email and i quote

"As a result of your contributions to the community you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Music Lover."

Wow! the birth of my kids are not part of my memory!!

Does spotify know that we are using their product cause we love music? Or do they think we like to watch the cover of the albums which belong to the album or song?

Hai Callibrae,

amen to that!

i only want to add that Spotify is shooting mosquito's with a canon.

It should make no difference if a persons iPhone is JB or not.

I paid for spotify.

And if they want to get rid of the illegal apps, i understand. But use a sniper and not a canon.

Spotify is now in charge of a JB phone.

Can it get any crazier?

PS: just got promoted again. Really! in 2 days, 3 promotions. I thought that having 2 kids were the best thing in life that happened to me.

Take a seat, cause i just got an email and i quote

"As a result of your contributions to the community you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Music Lover."

Wow! the birth of my kids are not part of my memory!!

Does spotify know that we are using their product cause we love music? Or do they think we like to watch the cover of the albums which belong to the album or song?

The only promotion "badge" we should all get is "pigeon with the rectal capacity of an elephant"

Marked as solution

In the latest Spotify update 2.8, they implimented some jailbreak detection. So any JB devices will not work. The fix... install a Tweek package or an app like Flex from cydia and add patches for any app that will bypass the jailbreak detection. Tada it works!!!!

Suggested posts