Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Solved!

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

GryFy
Casual Listener

Spotify on my iPhone 5S still crashes on startup!!
I've got iOS 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.8.0 (updated Oct. 3rd, newest available version in Norway) 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on my phone.

I have a premium account, and haven't been able to use it since iOS 8 came - extremely frustrating.

Hope to get help soon!!!! Miss my music 🙂

Brg

Gry

7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @GryFy, welcome to the community!

Some users have had success using the following steps (it's a little different then uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Hold down home and power button until Apple logo appears

2. Reinstall Spotify

Let me know if that works for you! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Skippy79
Regular

Problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meredith no need to change my password. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

Solution!

GryFy
Casual Listener
It worked!!! Had to restart, but now everything works perfectly!
Thank you 🙂

Solution!

J03LB4U
Regular
Go to settings > General > select Language & Region... Now if your correct region is already selected choose a diferent one and change it back to your location. Doing this fix my Spotify

Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone! If you're still having issues with crashes after installing the lastest iOS release (1.9.0) please let us know here. 

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was investigated! 

Solution!

cyberfatty
Casual Listener

In the latest Spotify update 2.8, they implimented some jailbreak detection. So any JB devices will not work. The fix... install a Tweek package or an app like Flex from cydia and add patches for any app that will bypass the jailbreak detection. Tada it works!!!!

Solution!

fishon77
Casual Listener

I thought it very odd but for some reason this worked for me.  I did this and it finally excepted my user name and password. Before it was saying I alrerady had an account under this username when I just tried to log in.  It was like catch 22. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

107 Replies

shanelley

Yes, I am having the same issue and have tried all of the above suggestions with no success. I have the iPhone 6 and haven't been able to access my music since I got my phone last month. I have a premium subscription, and I am close to cancelling because I can't access my music, so why am I paying the money for it?

Please send suggestions or push an update ASAP.

Thank you!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I've tried everything you said. But my iPhone 5S doesn't want to launch the app.
I've been paying for years and couldn't use since a whole week.

Please help us guys

Skippy79
Regular
The Same problem here. Tried the above but still don't work!! Help!!!

acelesti912
Casual Listener

I tried the uninstall, hard reset and re-install still doesn't work. I need my music before i leave work today! Please help.

Solution!

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @GryFy, welcome to the community!

Some users have had success using the following steps (it's a little different then uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Hold down home and power button until Apple logo appears

2. Reinstall Spotify

Let me know if that works for you! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

arpitbrijgupta
Casual Listener

Same problem here. Spotify crashes as soon as I try to open it. Got a premium account since a long time and this si the first time it is happening.

Technical details:

Phone : iPhone 5s 32GB

iOS : 8.0.2

Spotify version : 1.8.0

This problem started after updating to the latest version of Spotify. Is there any way of rollign back to a previous version?

Any other solution to fix this problem? 

tanyarod
Casual Listener

I have ios 8 and the latest version of spotify (premium) installed on my iphone 5s. Since the update, the app had been crashing on me at the startup. Spotify app was pretty much useless for a few weeks! This solved my issue. Thank you very much for the solution!! One less problem with the app! 🙂

GryFy
Casual Listener

Nop. sorry - but it still crashes....

mrchrisroden
Casual Listener

Having the same issues and it's very frustrating. I have the new iPhone 6 128GB so I sync all my music at 'Extreme' and it seems to be crashing the app out after no more than a minute or two.

As a side note, I opened the app in offline mode and that seemed to stop the issue but that's kinda pointless for online streaming.

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

@Skippy79 & @mrchrisroden Hi there, have you both upgraded to the lastest Spotify update (1.8.0)? If you have and you're still getting a crash please let us know--thank you!

XavSilva

I'm having the same problem here, I can open up the app in flightmode but whenever I try to go online the app crashes and won't let me do anything, I have Spotify Premium, please help!

acelesti912
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue! Please help! I have hard reset my phone and deleted Spotify and re-downloaded it and still the same crash.

Theothistle
Roadie

Spotify constantly crashing on my iPad, latest updates on both iPad and Spotify.

mrchrisroden
Casual Listener

Yes, running the latest versions of both IOS 8 and Spotify.

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Thanks--I've just sent a private message to you guys @mrchrisroden @GryFy @Skippy79 

Please take a look at your Community inbox when you get the chance.

t10patel

I have the same problem as @mrchrisroden. How can I fix this?

user-removed
Not applicable

HI Meredith, 

I'm having the same issues as well...any suggestions?

Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone! If you're still having issues with crashes after installing the lastest iOS release (1.9.0) please let us know here. 

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was investigated! 

user-removed
Not applicable

My daughter has a new iPod touch with IOS 11.2.5 , I’ve tried all suggestions remove, reinstall, checked the regions and it still won’t open 

user-removed
Not applicable

Working much better on my end after uninstalling and updating! thank you sooooo much! Phew! Was missing me my SPOTIFY!

TigerEve
Casual Listener

Hi Meredith, 

I use an iPhone 4s, and Spotify has been crashing on my phone for a month now. I've tried everything, from uninstall, to reinstall, clean installation on computer, opening in flight mode. 

My iPhone software is up to date (iOS 8.0.2.). 

When I click on Spotify it only gives me the startupscreen, black background, green Spotify icon.

I hope you can help me, because I am really starting to miss my music... and I pay for a service that doesn't work. 

Best, 

Eveline

SUGGESTED POSTS