Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Solved!

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

GryFy
Casual Listener

Spotify on my iPhone 5S still crashes on startup!!
I've got iOS 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.8.0 (updated Oct. 3rd, newest available version in Norway) 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on my phone.

I have a premium account, and haven't been able to use it since iOS 8 came - extremely frustrating.

Hope to get help soon!!!! Miss my music 🙂

Brg

Gry

7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @GryFy, welcome to the community!

Some users have had success using the following steps (it's a little different then uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Hold down home and power button until Apple logo appears

2. Reinstall Spotify

Let me know if that works for you! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Skippy79
Regular

Problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meredith no need to change my password. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

Solution!

GryFy
Casual Listener
It worked!!! Had to restart, but now everything works perfectly!
Thank you 🙂

Solution!

J03LB4U
Regular
Go to settings > General > select Language & Region... Now if your correct region is already selected choose a diferent one and change it back to your location. Doing this fix my Spotify

Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone! If you're still having issues with crashes after installing the lastest iOS release (1.9.0) please let us know here. 

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was investigated! 

Solution!

cyberfatty
Casual Listener

In the latest Spotify update 2.8, they implimented some jailbreak detection. So any JB devices will not work. The fix... install a Tweek package or an app like Flex from cydia and add patches for any app that will bypass the jailbreak detection. Tada it works!!!!

Solution!

fishon77
Casual Listener

I thought it very odd but for some reason this worked for me.  I did this and it finally excepted my user name and password. Before it was saying I alrerady had an account under this username when I just tried to log in.  It was like catch 22. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

107 Replies

kimeiroma
Casual Listener

I will chime in and inform you that, still, none of the solutions have worked for me.

UPDATE? REFUND?

htek
Casual Listener

Still no luck getting my brother's spotify to open on iphone5 latest spotify upgrade and latest ios.

Tried all your suggestions and it does not work.

How about refunding? this is clearly a problem that you know about and there isn't a fix available that works for all devices.

I urge everyone that has this problem to demand a refund, free month? discount?

Or is paying customers supposed to hang out in support forums searching for solutions?

J03LB4U
Regular
I can't beleave it worked and it was so simple!!
A big THANK YOU!!!!

Goxenc
I hace tríed everything hut etilo doesnt world.
What can i do?

Skippy79
Regular
Yeey!!!
Solution!

Skippy79
Regular

Problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meredith no need to change my password. 

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

dap123

Seems to effect most iPhones. Not sure what happened with Spotify, but your suggestion worked. Thank You!!

Kitkat4914

Thank you so much. It works now!

gabrielsonr

Had this problem with my new Iphone 7 plus....whoever came up with this solution is a genius becuase I would have never gotten that in a million years.

Solution!

fishon77
Casual Listener

I thought it very odd but for some reason this worked for me.  I did this and it finally excepted my user name and password. Before it was saying I alrerady had an account under this username when I just tried to log in.  It was like catch 22. 

melodicsweetpea
Skippy79, you're an angle. Thank you. x

gutterking

Thank you Mr. Wizard!

TigerEve
Casual Listener

Woww

THANK YOU!

lentrish

thanks for the post! switched regions and finally can open the app!

camy2121

Thanks, this just solved my problem too.  

gosnote
Casual Listener

Posting in this thread as well - I changing language / region settings + other tricks mentioned here not working. iPhone 5s, iOS8 and latest Spotify update; I haven't been able to open Spotify for two weeks now.

Any news about an app update or other fix? thanks.

faeltrancoso

Thank you!!

SirLoin

jesus...this fixed it for me. I haven't been able to run spotify on my 6+ since I got my phone

musikilgi
Casual Listener

thank you! 🙂

@Skippy79 wrote:

@problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meahtenoha no need to change my password. 

Solution!

GryFy
Casual Listener
It worked!!! Had to restart, but now everything works perfectly!
Thank you 🙂

kbrookshire
Casual Listener
I am having the same problem. I've deleted, restarted, and reinstalled repeatedly. I've had this problem for a week or more now! iOS 8.0.2. iPhone 5S, just tried again, so it's happening with the latest version of Spotify. 😞
SUGGESTED POSTS