Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Solved!

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Spotify on my iPhone 5S still crashes on startup!!
I've got iOS 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.8.0 (updated Oct. 3rd, newest available version in Norway) 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on my phone.

I have a premium account, and haven't been able to use it since iOS 8 came - extremely frustrating.

Hope to get help soon!!!! Miss my music 🙂

Brg

Gry

107 Replies

Same problem here. Spotify crashes as soon as I try to open it. Got a premium account since a long time and this si the first time it is happening.

Technical details:

Phone : iPhone 5s 32GB

iOS : 8.0.2

Spotify version : 1.8.0

This problem started after updating to the latest version of Spotify. Is there any way of rollign back to a previous version?

Any other solution to fix this problem? 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

Works for most of us
Good luck!

I am sitting in the train and my Spotify always crashes.I have a limited data plan,so I can't reinstall spotify.My whole music collection is in spotify!!Thank you very much.I really appreciate your premium service!

Hey @user-removed,

Could you try following these steps:

If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS8, try changing your phone's Settings > Language & Region to another country, then change back.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I already have tried that,it didn't work for me.I have used the rest of my Dataplan to reinstall Spotify.

@Skippy79 Reinstalled Spotify and it seems to be working. Lost all my offlien music though but that ok. As long as this thing works 🙂

Thanks for you help!

Did the reinstallation work for you @user-removed ?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Yes,it did work !

Ok,

new update 1.8.1 installed on Iphone 5s with latest iOS:

no luck, app still crashes on startup - language region etc tricks not working.

I was hoping an update would save me from having to reinstall app and losing all offline music which' syncing via wifi from scratch is a pain vs using a direct connection (usb cable).

Has the update worked for any of you? what a disappointment - I've been patiently waiting (and paying) for this for something like 3 weeks now. 

@kimeiroma wrote:

Ok,

new update 1.8.1 installed on Iphone 5s with latest iOS:

no luck, app still crashes on startup - language region etc tricks not working.

I was hoping an update would save me from having to reinstall app and losing all offline music which' syncing via wifi from scratch is a pain vs using a direct connection (usb cable).

Has the update worked for any of you? what a disappointment - I've been patiently waiting (and paying) for this for something like 3 weeks now. 

Sorry to see this, @kimeiroma.

Could you please get in touch with https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/@ or Tweet @SpotifyCares so we can get you back up and running? 

1.8.0 worked in iphone5S, but the lastest 1.8.1 crushes on startup now 😞

pls fix! i can't live without music!

I finally gave up and decided to reinstall the app + sync all offline playlists (which took me hours). now everything is working normally.

I want to stress that obviously this is not a proper solution to the crashing problem.

Finally I got it working after 3 weeks of crashing trying all solutions.

Here's how I did.

Restore phone to factory settings.

Upgraded to ios 8.1

Restored phonebook/contact, no apps.

Installed spotify.

I guess that probably the latest spotify and the latest ios update 8.1 made this possible.

So try updating to ios 8.1 if you're stuck with a non working spotify.

Ive got iPhone 6+, 128GB upgraded to ios 8,1. Also upgraded to the latest version of Spotify. Tried all quick fixes like changing regional settings, language etc. But Spotify still crash every time I try to open it. When will you be able to solve this as the problem has been there since I changed from iPhone 5+ to 6+.

Thank you Mr. Wizard!

HI Meredith, 

I'm having the same issues as well...any suggestions?

Marked as solution

Hey everyone! If you're still having issues with crashes after installing the lastest iOS release (1.9.0) please let us know here. 

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was investigated! 

Working much better on my end after uninstalling and updating! thank you sooooo much! Phew! Was missing me my SPOTIFY!

I just got a brand new iPhone 6 the day after Christmas with the latest iOS 8.1.2.  And, it started skipping tracks constantly, fast-forwarding during songs, making Siri and/or Voice Control sporadically open or crash altogether.  I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times ... until finally taking it to the Apple Store. They did some diagnostics and said the software was corrupt now so they gave me a brand new phone.

All was ok until I started using Spotify on the 2nd new phone again and the same issues began happening. I've tried that changing your country trick in Location settings ... uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times again ... NO LUCK. 

PLEASE HELP! I am DESPERATE for my Spotify playlists!!! 

darn you, Apple! 🙂 ... I SWEAR they are F'ing with Spotify b/c I'm sure their iTunes music sales have majorly dropped since Spotify came to the U.S.!!! 

Thanks for any help, Spotify Team!

Suggested posts