Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Solved!

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

GryFy
Casual Listener

Spotify on my iPhone 5S still crashes on startup!!
I've got iOS 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.8.0 (updated Oct. 3rd, newest available version in Norway) 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on my phone.

I have a premium account, and haven't been able to use it since iOS 8 came - extremely frustrating.

Hope to get help soon!!!! Miss my music 🙂

Brg

Gry

7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @GryFy, welcome to the community!

Some users have had success using the following steps (it's a little different then uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Hold down home and power button until Apple logo appears

2. Reinstall Spotify

Let me know if that works for you! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Skippy79
Regular

Problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meredith no need to change my password. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

Solution!

GryFy
Casual Listener
It worked!!! Had to restart, but now everything works perfectly!
Thank you 🙂

Solution!

J03LB4U
Regular
Go to settings > General > select Language & Region... Now if your correct region is already selected choose a diferent one and change it back to your location. Doing this fix my Spotify

Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone! If you're still having issues with crashes after installing the lastest iOS release (1.9.0) please let us know here. 

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was investigated! 

Solution!

cyberfatty
Casual Listener

In the latest Spotify update 2.8, they implimented some jailbreak detection. So any JB devices will not work. The fix... install a Tweek package or an app like Flex from cydia and add patches for any app that will bypass the jailbreak detection. Tada it works!!!!

Solution!

fishon77
Casual Listener

I thought it very odd but for some reason this worked for me.  I did this and it finally excepted my user name and password. Before it was saying I alrerady had an account under this username when I just tried to log in.  It was like catch 22. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

107 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable
I am sitting in the train and my Spotify always crashes.I have a limited data plan,so I can't reinstall spotify.My whole music collection is in spotify!!Thank you very much.I really appreciate your premium service!

Jordi
Community Legend

Hey @user-removed,

Could you try following these steps:

If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS8, try changing your phone's Settings > Language & Region to another country, then change back.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Skippy79
Regular
Works for most of us
Good luck!

arpitbrijgupta
Casual Listener

@Skippy79 Reinstalled Spotify and it seems to be working. Lost all my offlien music though but that ok. As long as this thing works 🙂

Thanks for you help!

Jordi
Community Legend

Did the reinstallation work for you @user-removed ?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes,it did work !

kimeiroma
Casual Listener

Ok,

new update 1.8.1 installed on Iphone 5s with latest iOS:

no luck, app still crashes on startup - language region etc tricks not working.

I was hoping an update would save me from having to reinstall app and losing all offline music which' syncing via wifi from scratch is a pain vs using a direct connection (usb cable).

Has the update worked for any of you? what a disappointment - I've been patiently waiting (and paying) for this for something like 3 weeks now. 

Grace
Spotify Legend

@kimeiroma wrote:

Ok,

new update 1.8.1 installed on Iphone 5s with latest iOS:

no luck, app still crashes on startup - language region etc tricks not working.

I was hoping an update would save me from having to reinstall app and losing all offline music which' syncing via wifi from scratch is a pain vs using a direct connection (usb cable).

Has the update worked for any of you? what a disappointment - I've been patiently waiting (and paying) for this for something like 3 weeks now. 

Sorry to see this, @kimeiroma.

Could you please get in touch with https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/@ or Tweet @SpotifyCares so we can get you back up and running? 

madiant85

1.8.0 worked in iphone5S, but the lastest 1.8.1 crushes on startup now 😞

pls fix! i can't live without music!

kimeiroma
Casual Listener

I finally gave up and decided to reinstall the app + sync all offline playlists (which took me hours). now everything is working normally.

I want to stress that obviously this is not a proper solution to the crashing problem.

Skippy79
Regular
Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

Tekno_Venus
Casual Listener

Crashing for me as well - it manages to sync about 10 songs and then crashes. I have 1800+ songs to sync, doing them 10 at a time when it takes ~1 min per song on my internet connection is stupid.

This is with Spotify 1.8 on iOS 6.1.6 on an iPod Touch 4G. I have reinstalled Spotify and restored my iPod to factory twice - all having the same issue.

Would the crash reports from the Diagnostics & Usage page in the Settings App be useful for diagnosis?

OlegB
My spotify hasn't worked since updating to ios8 on IPhone5S—until this post. Thanks!

Ertasonur1
Thanks Htek! Afer the last ios update my region settings were wrong. I've corrected this, deleted Spotify, reboot, reinstalled and it finally worked again!

htek
Casual Listener
The language/region change doesn't work for me. No solution mentioned in this thread has fixed it. Waiting for update
Solution!

J03LB4U
Regular
Go to settings > General > select Language & Region... Now if your correct region is already selected choose a diferent one and change it back to your location. Doing this fix my Spotify

kbrookshire
Casual Listener

I tried all of the tricks that previous users have posted (deleting and reinstalling app, restarting phone and reinstalling app, updating my phone through itunes) and ended up having to completely reset my phone to factory settings without backing up from icloud. It sucked having to redownload all of my apps and find lost numbers, but it was the only thing that worked to stop spotify from crashing. 

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone! Wanted to jump in here and say we've got the right teams on the case. 

As soon as we have an update for you we'll post again this thread. If you've got any specific questions about your account please head over to our contact form so we can help. 

We know you're all eager to use Spotify on your iOS device--we're working hard to reunite you with your tunes. 

smbnyc
Casual Listener

How has this not been fixed yet? Why is there no update? I've had this problem on my iphone 5s since the Oct 3rd update I'm not paying for this service for no reason, if I can't play spotify on my iphone then I'm going to cancel my account and take my money elsewhere. None of these solutions are working a hotfix needs to be deployed! Please let me know when this will be resolved or I'm canceling.

J03LB4U
Regular
Did you try changing the region on settings?

htek
Casual Listener

I've tried all solutions mentioned in this thread, still no luck.

SUGGESTED POSTS