Solved!

Error:408

Helllo!!
I tried connecting with FB but it gets a message error:408
Before i was able to connect and listened to music but now i cant
Help pls!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Pepperspray - You'll need a Premium account to use the iPad app, I'm afraid. You were on a 48 hour Premium trial before, this is why you were able to access it.

You are eligible for the 30 day Premium trial, if you're interested. Just head here... www.spotify.com/freetrial/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Laok03 - Where are you trying to connect from?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have exactly the same problem.... worked fine until today....did not change location and keep running around in circles.... Why would I have to reset FB password to make Spotify work....?  Why is spotify connected to FB anyway...? 

I'm receiving the same message on an iPad app, cannot connect with my Spotify details - but it worked fine the first time I tried it after downloading the app. It just says Error 408 and it doesn't complete the login 😞

Marked as solution

Pepperspray - You'll need a Premium account to use the iPad app, I'm afraid. You were on a 48 hour Premium trial before, this is why you were able to access it.

You are eligible for the 30 day Premium trial, if you're interested. Just head here... www.spotify.com/freetrial/
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I see... Thanks, Sam, I may try it 🙂

I'm getting same message and I have a premium membership, it can log in on safari to my account but when I try to open it on my iPad app it gives me the error code

@Melissa79 wrote:
I'm getting same message and I have a premium membership, it can log in on safari to my account but when I try to open it on my iPad app it gives me the error code

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You normally only get Error 408 when you are using a free account and your country is not set correctly in your online profile. 

Have a read at this topic which details how to update your country on your Spotify profile.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm receiving the 408 error. My account is registered in the uk and I have always used it in the uk so unsure why I am getting the error that I can only use it abroad. Please help

@Chodnett wrote:
I'm receiving the 408 error. My account is registered in the uk and I have always used it in the uk so unsure why I am getting the error that I can only use it abroad. Please help

Can you try reinstalling the application?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts