Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Exploring new ways of adding items to "Your Library"

Solved!

Exploring new ways of adding items to "Your Library"

Hey there folks,

Our design team has started exploring new ways to add items to "Your Library". This is why we'd love to hear your feedback on the new implementations, because those changes are done with the goal to better your experience on our platform.

The design may differ in either having a heart symbol or a plus sign with other subtle differences.

If you're part of this undertaking, post your constructive feedback in this thread and the relevant team will review it. 

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
519 Replies

why did you take it away i don't understand why this stupid ass company can't add a feature without removing something else that already worked

agreed, this is extremely annoying. especially since they have removed the visual indicator from playlists that a song is already added to your library. bring back the little green heart!

It was much better with the heart icon. Also I don’t like how I can’t see which songs I’ve liked already within the interface, and how I can’t like all songs within an album.

Please bring back the like icon in Playlist view! I can’t see which songs I have liked and those that I am still reviewing!

TLDR, plus button is fine, and would be helpful in combo with heart button. But PLEASE bring back the heart button and swipe-to-like songs. This change really takes away from the user experience. It also makes finding new music (the main reason I use Spotify over other streaming services) much more difficult, which hurts artists as well as Spotify users. 

Hi! I posted about this issue yesterday and really appreciate the chance to provide feedback through this thread. 

The plus button and the ability to add songs to playlists are not bad, they're helpful. But the lack of the heart button is SUPER frustrating, and I want Spotify to switch my account back. I'm also not clear on why the interface change required getting rid of the heart rather than keeping both options. 

• It's hard to tell which songs I've liked before within my daily mixes, playlists made by Spotify, and playlists made by people I follow. If I want to listen to songs that I've already liked, I can use my own playlists. But I usually cue unliked songs first in other playlists so that I can take advantage of the algorithm and find new artists. The like button used to help me quickly identify those new songs.
  • When I go to an artist's page, the fact that many of the album covers are identical makes it even harder to tell which songs I've saved. Clicking on "songs you've liked" is nice, but when that screen is up, I can't see the songs I haven't liked, so the problem isn't resolved. 

The last thing I'd say is that I spent hours working with support on Mon. evening to try fixing my account. I couldn't find anything in Spotify Community at the time. Support also told me that there was "no plan to remove the heart button," which means that the 5 people I talked to were either not told about this change or not allowed to provide me with the information. Either way, transparency would have been helpful; I almost deleted my account and transferred all my music at support's advice. 

The plus sign/add to playlist feature is nice, but please don't remove the heart. Now I have to take multiple steps to add something to my Liked Songs when it was so easy before. Please at least put the heart next to the plus sign, there's definitely room for it.

Hello sorry for my bad english i just wanted to share my experience.

I've somehow never been active in the community here, but that bothered me so much that I ended up here. 🥲

Do not get me wrong, that's a cool idea, but I miss the like button because I can't immediately see what I've liked in playlists and albums and I need 3 clicks until I've licked a song and that's annoying because when I see a song that I like at work or during sports want to like quickly and easily.

you could also integrate the plus button in addition to the like button, since you can add songs to several playlists at once.

I would also love a feature that allows me to move all songs from one playlist to another playlist.

Have a nice day everyone!

It is now replaced by a “+” sign which prompts you to add the song to a playlist

Not a fan of the heart being gone I can’t tell what songs I’ve already added and I can’t do a quick like because I now have to press more buttons. Also is there anyway to have followers able to see you’re liked songs as a playlist rather than creating a separate one ?

Would realllllly like to have the heart button back. 

Can I request to not have my account be part of this experiment? 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

iOS ?

My Question or Issue

There is no heart icon to like songs anymore and I also cannot see heart icons in a playlist or album to see if I’ve already liked a song!

Please, please, please bring back the Like/heart-shaped button. Clearly there are a lot of people (myself included) who are in favor of having the Like/heart button, as it helps us more easily keep track of the songs we do like. It’s so much more complicated now with having to add to a playlist and everything. I’m not usually one to complain but this needs to be said.

What is the goal with this experiment anyway? I can’t come up with any hypothesis that your design team might be trying to validate where convoluting the flow to like and organize songs is a good idea. It just makes Spotify harder to use and more confusing than it has to be.

Spotify taking the hearts from songs I liked in the full albums is unbelievably infuriating.  The whole point of liking the songs was so I can return to the records and skip around to which ones I want to listen to.  I don't even understand the logic of removing this feature?   

Adding songs to a liked playlist is also a horrible new feature.  Now instead of swiping once to just like a song I have to do 3 steps, and is only efficient if the song were to be added to another playlist.  

Finally, not being able to add entire albums to a playlist.  Why?  I just want to know how the Spotify engineers decide on these changes that make the app less and less efficient and user friendly.  

I hope there can be some revisions made on your guys part.  These changes are awful.

The only positive from this new design change is being able to add a song to multiple playlists. But it makes liking a song much more tedious. I know. It sounds stupid, but a slide vs 3 clicks can dissuade me from liking a song. I think the heart also needs to stay. Its nice to be able to see at a quick glance what songs youve liked in an album. The visual cue is essential. It shouldnt have been removed either, as just the add to playlist button in the menu could have been updated, instead of the entire liked songs function. Even just a positive icon such as the heart makes spotify a great place to listen to music w a better vibe than just a check mark. Please add the better liked songs accessibility back!!!

Hi @Dian!

In my opinion, this new change is a really good change, because when I want to add some content to my Library, the plus button makes more sense.

But I wonder how the Liked Songs "playlist" will work since we won't have the heart button anymore. Does the name "Liked Songs" in the playlist still make sense?

Anyway, keep up the good work, guys! 

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The new option to add songs to the likes songs playlist with the plus is extremely annoying BRING BACK THE LIKE BUTTON 

This sucks. Please bring back the Like Button and make it so that if you swipe you automatically add a song to your liked list.  So dumb having to use multiple steps to add to liked songs playlist. 

The loss of being able to add an entire album to my liked songs playlist at once makes navigating the app incredibly frustrating. While I appreciate the ability to add one song to multiple playlists at once, the ability to add multiple songs off an album at once to a playlist should also be there. I also deeply dislike not being able to see if I’ve already liked a song as it adds confusion when browsing and requires extra time and steps to go and check my liked songs playlist. I was already deeply upset when you removed the basic function of having a place to see all “liked” songs at once (like you can still with albums and artists) and converted that into a playlist, if this new UI remains as it is I will be canceling my subscription and switching to Apple Music. 

I have many many folders in my spotify account covering all genre's, when I like an album in that genre I add that album to that folder so I can listen to it at a later date and have a record of albums I like in that genre. As of today I dont have the option to add albums to folders anymore, I can only save them to my library. This makes me very sad. I also can only see liked songs on the individual song, not when I view it as an album. I can't see the benefit of either of these, it would only result in me listening less.

I hope this isn't a permanent feature like when they decided to move all the playlist you have around based on when you listen to them. Whereas before I knew that within my 'Soul' folder it would be laid out as I had designed it, its now all over the place. The only way it has the design and order i created (because i pay for it) is if its on a laptop, 90% of my listening is on my phone. 

Suggested posts