Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get rid of an inbox notification???

Solved!

How do I get rid of an inbox notification???

Can someone please let me know how to get rid of the notification for new inbox items once I've seen them and/or played them????

I'm using the Spotify app for iOS on my iphone, and when my girlfriend sends me a song to my inbox, I get a notification badge show up on the app itself from my iphone home screen.  When I open the app and go to my inbox, the song she sent is there with a blue dot beside it, just like on the desktop version of Spotify.  But, on the desktop version, when you click the blue dot, the notification goes away and it's no longer considered a new message.  That function doesn't seem to be there in the iOS app.  When I try to click the blue dot, the song begins to play, or I can swipe to get the option to delete, but that deletes the song from my inbox altogether.  

All that said, the product of all of this is that the red notification badge on the app button off the home screen never disappears.  It's annoying to see notifications popping up on my homescreen that I can't get rid of.  I've gone to the desktop version of Spotify and tapped the blue dot there, so that the song is no longer considered new to the inbox, and on the desktop version this gets rid of the notification, but even then the iOS app still shows the old notifcation from that same song.  And that is true even after force quittting the app.

So, any solution?  I'd greatly appreciate it.

30 Replies

I found it out! You can hit "View" at the top and than uncheck "Activity Feed" and whhoolahh!

@izzabell wrote:

I do not want to play the song in the notifications so how do i get rid of it? (for crying out loud not even close to what i would listen to...why are u pushing these things, so not cool spotify)...and i just realized this is not in the correct place - not for i phone for the computer

Yes same here. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this already?

I'm having a similar issue, but I've tried everything, uninstalling, reinstalling, logging in/out, disabling notifications...etc. I even have a brand new phone and when it first downloaded spotify, there were no badge app icons, then when I logged in it showed 24. I only have about 4 songs that have been sent to me that I haven't listened to. I logged out, unistalled the app. Reinstalled it and I'm not even logged in to Spotify and I see the 24 badge app icons. 

The only thing I've been able to do is to go to settings-> notifications-> Spotify -> Turn off Badge app icon. But that doesn't solve the problem, all I'm doing with that is hiding my notifications, which I don't want. Help?

Same problem here w/ my iPhone 5. And, I'm finding messages from users dating back to 2012 who were having the same problem. (A Spotify rep posted back then that this problem was being resolved with a new release back then, but users indicated even then that it didn't work.) Come on, Spotify, get your act together! 😛

Hi all, so I was one of the original users reporting this issue back in 2012 and it seems that the later updates did resolve it to a degree BUT clearly not for everyone. I have spotify installed on my iPhone iMac iPad and work pc and one of the things I noted was that it seemed my iMac was acting as the 'mothership' to all the other devices. So, if the notification wouldn't disappear I'd go to my Mac play the track and then it would disappear from my iphone. Give it a go as this was the only thing that worked for me (that's if you have it installed on a computer)

Thanks, but that didn't work for me. Your move, Spotify...

So, any other suggestions for this??

STILL waiting for a solution to this...

Reinstalling the app did not work for me. I have hundreds of unplayed messages in my inbox (the notifications count seems to freeze at 209 for some reason, but I think I have more than that), so it's not practical to go through and check the blue dot for everys ingle one.

These are all messages that I've read/played on other devices, I just can't get rid of them in the mobile app.

Seems like we still don't have a solution to this after more than two years?

It is now September 15, 2015 and there still is not resolution to this. I can neither remove notifications in my inbox, or delete old messages. These seem like simple operations. Spotify, can you please help to resolve this issue?

It its march in 2016 and I am having still the same issue! 😞

Badge won't disappear, regardless of what I am trying.... 

Suggested posts