How do I get rid of an inbox notification???

Solved!

Re: How do I get rid of an inbox notification???

izzabell
Casual Listener

I do not want to play the song in the notifications so how do i get rid of it? (for crying out loud not even close to what i would listen to...why are u pushing these things, so not cool spotify)...and i just realized this is not in the correct place - not for i phone for the computer

mysentimentis
Casual Listener

Please can someone advise why I can't get rid of my messages and the red light indicating there is a notification?

I really need to get rid of the messages on my mac and there is no way of doing this.

Thanks

Joe
Community Legend

There is no way to delete messages at the moment. Not sure if it was a design hiccup or oversight. The notification indicator should clear when you select it.

millis1996
Casual Listener

btw nothing happens when I press on the song and swipe to the left.... :\ 

grulege

Please help me find a way to delete a message. There is no blue dot...!

Joe
Community Legend

It's often a good idea to browse a thread quickly, especially a short one like this,  before adding a question. It can save a lot of typing  :)

bachfantasia
Casual Listener

Hello.  Not sure about the phone app, but on the PC version, I couldn't get rid of the new message icon but then I just closed and reopened spotify and it went away! :)

rhoekstra

OMG. the last response did it for me.

Quite intuitive.. 'close app and restart to clear new message notifications'

Thanks!

bachfantasia
Casual Listener

You're welcome.  For the record, this is the very first time I have ever posted any answer on a forum and have had it actually help someone.  I feel like I should have a party now or something.  Glad I could help someone.  It makes up for everything else. 

Solution!

framcod

Closing and reopenning worked for me too, thank God. What a terrible, low tech way to get rid of a notification though, I must say. Good job Spotify.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS