Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to turn off Spotify on my iphone when not using it?

Solved!

How to turn off Spotify on my iphone when not using it?

I have an iPhone 6S.  I am new to Spotify.  How can I turn off Spotify when I am not using it?  Do I always have to log out, or is there another way?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @lcsad,

to close the app, you should just double tap the iPhone home button and then slide up Spotify.

If you just want to pause the song, slide your finger upwards from the bottom of the screen and press pause.

You never have to log out to turn it off.

Enjoy!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You should not have to close the app out of the app switcher, all you need to do is pause the song and press the home button, and Spotify will return to the background. iOS handles backgrounding automatically, and will purge Spotify from memory when it is no longer needed.

Closing apps out of the app switcher means more battery power is needed in order to open it up again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @lcsad,

to close the app, you should just double tap the iPhone home button and then slide up Spotify.

If you just want to pause the song, slide your finger upwards from the bottom of the screen and press pause.

You never have to log out to turn it off.

Enjoy!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thank you so much! I'm such a novice and this made my life much easier! Have a great day.

You're welcome 🙂
BittencourtSpotify Star
Marked as solution

You should not have to close the app out of the app switcher, all you need to do is pause the song and press the home button, and Spotify will return to the background. iOS handles backgrounding automatically, and will purge Spotify from memory when it is no longer needed.

Closing apps out of the app switcher means more battery power is needed in order to open it up again.

This helps so much, thanks!

Suggested posts