Solved!

I can't find the option to upgrade to Premium on my iOS app

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! You can subscribe premium on Spotify website. 🙂

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hello there! Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to subscribe through the iTunes Store to Spotify Premium anymore. The option has been removed from the app, I'm sorry. You can subscribe to Spotify Premium on spotify.com/premium.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why can't I upgrade my Spotify subscription to premium through the app?

You just lost my business because of this change. I don't know what the reason was for taking this functionality out. Is it because you don't want people to have the freedom to subscribe or unsubscribe when they wish to? Either way, I'm sticking with Tidal.

Hey @instaonyx! Welcome to the community!

You can subscribe and unsubscribe whenever you want. Apple takes 30% of all purchases so Spotify decided to remove that functionality from iOS, since it used to cost $12.99 there. You can get Premium for $9.99 on this page. Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

hey dude 
the only way i could get premium was the itunes store payment
i cant it with paypal or any other ways to pay it and dont have any problem to pay 12.99$
bring it back please 
thanks

I own an iphone and only use spotify on my iphone. If I upgrade on my computer can I use the upgraded spotify on my iphone? If so how do I log in to do that as I can not find the log in part for spotify on my iphone?

same here

this means that I am unable to use my apply itunes gift cards on spotify, and music is my only use for the cards. for this reason I'm forced to go to another music service, which is unfortunate, considering the fact that i very muh enjoy spotify's features.

"Parece que tu tarjeta es de un país donde no hay Spotify."

It means : "It seams that your card is from a country where Spotify is not supported". 

GG Well played. 

Why????

i am not able to suscribe otherwise

I pay with PayPal and if I wish to unsubscribe I just stop the automatic payments. 

Hey @glimmer88! Thanks for your post! 🙂

You should be able to cancel your subscription with these steps. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star

I think that is a great policy Spotify. However, you are losing lots of business by not at least telling people on the account page of the app how to upgrade! All it takes is one line of text. I spent days thinking I was doing something stupid and almost gave up!

Same I can’t upgrade now

Just went and bought $20 iTunes card to get Spotify premium, redeemed my code and then went to purchase then couldn’t find it so I searched it up here and now I want to kill my self. Cheers spotify

I have the same, I would like to upgrade, but how do I get it from my laptop to my i phone ?

Download the app to your phone. Once you enter the same email address, it
will automatically recognise the premium account

I want to upgrade to premium, and I was wondering if money in my itunes account could be used to pay for spotify. Is that possible?

same

Suggested posts