Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I do not have more than 3 devices with offline playlists...

I do not have more than 3 devices with offline playlists...

I have 1 (one) device with offline playlists, my iPhone, however Spotify regularly tells me that I have more than 3 devices with offline playlists, which is simply not true.

I do have Spotify installed on 4 devices - iPhone, home computer, work computer, work laptop - so either the error message is wrong, or Spotify is not working correctly.

If the rules were "you can only have Spotify installed on 3 devices" I would not argue with the app every time it makes me re-sync, but this is not the rule, the rule concerns offline playlists.

So what is the issue?  Incorrect wording of the rule/notification?  Or does Spotify not work correctly?

My view is that I am currently paying for a service that is regularly not delivering what it is supposed to, which is unacceptable.

9 Replies

I've been having this same problem for about a month now. It's driving me crazy!

It's happened to me three times now and it takes DAYS to resync my music. It's very annoying! 

Me too guys!

I have a premium account and I have an iphone4s with ios5 and ONLY have my iphone for playlists and use it download and 'offline' my music so why I keep getting amessage that says something about having more than three devises with spotify installed is beyond me! it remives all the synced tracks and turns the 'offline' switch off again so that i have to resync everything! Im really getting quite frustrated with it now, it takes ages to sync everything again...I have logged in on my work PC and so therefore may have it on two devices but thats still not three...so Im a bit confused :S

Can someone please explain why this keeps happening, as I am clearly not the only one on here who is getting annyoed with this bug!

Now that is werid, especially if you are not even using 3 devices!

I wonder if it is something to do with changing location or changing wifi networks...?  Perhaps Spotify detects such changes as new devices (which would be ridiculous).

How do we get someone from Spotify to look at this??

I've actually reported it to tech support through their contact form, so hopefully we'll have some answer on this front soon.

How do you report it?  I will do the same.

Hey...

Did you ever get a responce on this?

Hey guys, this is a bug we're aware of and doing everything we can to fix.

To stay updated please check this larger thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Offline-synced-on-more-then-3-devic...

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Not until now, no!

Suggested posts