Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I used to be able to import itunes playlists

I used to be able to import itunes playlists

Last year I used to be able to drag itunes playlists into spotify.  I would then make the playlist avilable offline, and my songs that were not in spority would be copied in.  With the latest releases, this feature seems to be gone and all my itunes playlists are gone.  I have tried copying music and playlists into Spotify and I cannot.  Nothing happens.  So do I have to use these third party tools to get itunes playlists into spotify?  Unify, which I have used before is gone until they figure out the spotify bugs.

Either Spotify is my unified music player or it is not.  Right now, I have to use the IOS music player to play local files and spotify to play spotify music.  Not good.  Ahy fix?

3 Replies

Drag and drop support for local files is not supprted in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature will be coming back.

You can still add local files to Spotify. Go into the settings and under "Local Files" you can import the source folder that contains the local files.

After you do that, the local files will appear in the "Local Files" section.

Find the song and then drag it over to a playlist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I put my music folder in the local files in the settings but my local music does not appear anywhere. I do not see it under the local files section on the left list of songs and files. So what am I missing. Currently my paid spotify is acting like a free spotify account so I am not sure what I am paying for

Here are screen shots of my local files setup.  Everything is listed and checked and another screen shot of my local files list.  It says there are 60,133 songs, 4177 hr 19 min but nothing is listed.  There is nothing to drag into a playlist

Local Files Settings.png
local files list.png

Suggested posts