Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error in 2023

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error in 2023

As of version 8.8.20.544 and the version prior to that has caused the lyrics from my personal playlist in my device 'Samsung-SMJ250F' to disappear, at first I thought it was brcause the songs were old but way older songs still had lyrics
The playlist is a private playlist featuring all songs of 'DragonForce'
and after the update none of the songs had lyrics.

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community.

Please note that the availability of the Lyrics feature and the lyrics themselves can vary over time, as well as between markets, and depending on the agreements we have in place with our rights holders. We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

We hope this helps!

Cheers,

407 Replies

Hey, There are 2 of my favorites rap : Sing For The Moment & Mockingbird: both from Eminem, they both had lyrics but now there lyrics are removed please add them back , Thank you.

yesss! Relapse and Revival also disappeared. I thought im the only who caught it, i dont even know where report about it

Same I loved mockingbird with it's lyrics getting displayed below with the song but now I am unable to get the vibe 

Middle of last week, probably Wednesday, a whole bunch of songs that had lyrics now do not have them.  Somebody at Spotify knows the answer as to why lyrics to so many songs and artists were removed at once, but I'm predicting a form response...

Hi @hansenkd

I haven't noticed any lyrics going missing recently, but I've seen complaints from others.

Spotify is partnered with Musixmatch, which provides lyrics to the Spotify platform. Spotify does not control the content of the lyrics, just the formatting of the lyrics on Spotify (background color, font, etc).

Try checking out an affected song on the Musixmatch website (one that I know of is Mockingbird by Eminem). If the song is visible there but not on Spotify, then there may be a Spotify issue.

Keep in mind that changes on Musixmatch can take 48-72 hours to reflect on Spotify, according to this FAQ page.

You can report Musixmatch catalog issues here.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

I could see the lyrics from Eminem's song hence I can't share any lyrics.

Hi there!

Spotify is partnered with Musixmatch, which provides lyrics to the Spotify platform. Spotify does not control the content of the lyrics, just the formatting of the lyrics on Spotify (background color, font, etc).

Try checking out an affected song on the Musixmatch website (one that I know of is Mockingbird by Eminem). If the song is visible there but not on Spotify, then there may be a Spotify issue.

Keep in mind that changes on Musixmatch can take 48-72 hours to reflect on Spotify, according to this FAQ page.

I cannot explain why lyrics have been mass-removed from the platform recently, but you can contact Musixmatch here.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Can you guys bring back eminem lyrics 

57CDD22A-9D5B-4BB6-9DD7-754B89F1FD8D.png

Hey @Navdeep_sangra,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here in our help boards.

That being said, take into account lyrics may not be available on all songs. New lyrics are added every day, so you may find it added in the future. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It's not one or two songs. ALL Eminem lyrics have been removed.

Are you from india because different countries have different IT rules 

Literally every single one of Eminems songs lyrics has gone, bring them back, they may be explicit but I’m sure anyone and everyone has heard it all before. 

Hello, Spotify community.

Your answer was helpful, thank you.

The lyrics are also not visible on the Musixmatch website. I please you and Musixmatch to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you!

I was just checking and there's not even one Eminem's lyrics on Spotify (sorry my bad English, it's not my first language) 

Lyrics not showing for Eminem songs but the lyrics were shown on my spouse’s account. Lyrics from other artists were also available

Yeah that's sad... Give us our God's lyrics back please.

All of eminem's lyrics appeared couple of weeks ago.But I cant see em now.Plz replace eminem's lyrics.

They've been missing on my end for weeks. Lyrics of many other artists I listen to don't seem to be affected all at. I'm just going to start listening on YouTube Music. My kid can pay for Spotify if she must have it. That's the only reason I use it anyway.

It seems that you still don't get what's going on here. Literally every single one of Eminem song lyrics went missing for the last couple of weeks. Not only for me, but for a lot of people. I tried clearing caches, reinstalling, but nothing works. We hope you address this issue as soon as possible. 

Suggested posts