My music keeps pausing

Plan

Free

Country 

USA

Device

iPhone 11, fairly new

My Question or Issue

My music keeps pausing whenever its played in the background. It seems to play fine when Im actually on the app, but when I click out and try to draw or even turn it off, it pauses randomly. I have restarted my phone, updated my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled, and signed out of everywhere. I also complained to friend about this and she said she was experiencing the same issue. Its so annoying to have to unpause my music every 5 seconds and I cant draw if I keep unpausing it. Since my phone seems to be fine, I think its the actual app that needs to be fixed.

1 Reply

Hey there @swag_daddy

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Just to double-check, did you run a clean reinstall on your device or a regular one? We recommend trying a clean reinstall since this step ensures you get the latest app version with all necessary updates.  Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

In case you still experience the same after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Suggested posts