Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Won't Play Certain Songs

Premium Won't Play Certain Songs

This is a problem for both iOS7 [iPhone 5c] and the Apple OS X [Macbook].

My girlfriend, a Spotify Premium user, recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the 5c in late October..  After she transferred all of the data and synced her new device, Spotifly will no longer play many songs that it used to.  Spotify is currently up-to-date on both of her devices. 

Some of the songs she has stored locally on her device, downloaded from the Spotify service.  Some simply won't play off streaming directly from Spotify.  Sometimes, the song's track time elapsed counter and sliding progress bar will increase as if the song is playing, but no sound plays, not even static.  Other times, the counter does not appear, and the progress bar is grayed out, as if it were searching for the song. 

Any assistance is appreciated.

5 Replies

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and playlist.

The thing with local files is that if they are from itunes, they will not work because they are "DRM protected".

We've tried deleting the app, as well as the local files, but those attempts at fixing the problem have been unsuccessful.  The problem is not exclusively with the local files.  She has problems streaming music that should be available on Spotify, and I've tested those songs from my account, where they play just fine.  

Hello!

Could you post some songs that won't stream from Spotify? Here is also a troubleshoot guide if you haven't seen it.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

The song Only Girl (In The World) by Rihanna will not play on my Spotify.  It is the only song I have downloaded that won't work.  I have tried deleting it and downloading it again, but it will not play.  

@IceSMC Only girl in the world by Rihanna works fine for me! Can you try to do a restart of your phone and double tap home and flick up the Spotify card from the multitask list and try again?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts