Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skip to the RAP MUSIC (Unwanted songs)

Solved!

Skip to the RAP MUSIC (Unwanted songs)

I am a driver of Lyft, play Spotify all day long in a car when I am in service. But about 2 months ago this happen started,

1, Skipping track go to next song.

2, Skip to the Music I am not interested, (Like Rap music with Dirty ward, when I have a passenger THIS IS EMBARRASSING!!!!!!) So, I set up "Hide Unplayable Songs" then it stops playing Normal song and as soon as tern that off Ugly Rap music starts. ...

‘then look at my Library there is so many Unwanted songs has been added....

3, Log me out without notice.   

If anybody know what’s going on ? or I can do something to fix this ???

Thanks.  😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date (current version 8.4.85). You can disable Explicit Content so songs containing explicit content won't be played. Check this article how to disable them.

I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date (current version 8.4.85). You can disable Explicit Content so songs containing explicit content won't be played. Check this article how to disable them.

I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks for quick reply,

I reboot my phone at least once a day and I chat with Spotify support and reinstall APP, change Password report my version of iOS and Spotify version then try few hours, there was no skipping for now but it still build up unwanted playlists.

I tried Explicit content to ignore unwanted music, but somewhat it stop normal content. ... then as soon as turn off Explicit it will skip to Rap music. ....

iPhone 8 Plus: iOS 12.1.2

Spotify 8.4.88.280

thanks.

Hey @Hiro3,

I'd recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

About the playlists created you can delete them and continue the music you like to and Spotify will eventually stop recommening those songs.

What normal content does Explicit filter stop? Do you have any links to that content?

If any songs has the explicit mark this filter will not let you play it.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi,

I did delete unwanted play list every time I see them but it felt like helpless. ...

I did not have any offline device never.

When I play normal music with Explicit filter On, normal music stop in middle of song and system dialog shows up then told me “because of Explicit filter is on” same time this message can take me to Explicit filter settings. Then as soon as Explicit filter turn off Spotify does not take me to the song that I was playing, instead start play Rap musics. .....

Hey @Hiro3,

What kind of playlist are you trying to play? Could you try with other playlists to see if the same thing happens (e.g. another genre)?

What kind of unwanted playlist is it exactly? Is it created automatically? Could you attach a screenshot and tell me more on how was it created?

About the explicit filter, the explicit content metadata is not perfect, as not all songs are marked 'explicit' by labels or rights-owners who upload music to Spotify. Consequently this feature is unable to guarantee that no explicit content will play even when it is disabled.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts