Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect: Unknown device PC connected to my iPhone

Spotify connect: Unknown device PC connected to my iPhone

When I logged onto my spotify account today via my iPhone 6, I noticed "Devices Available" displaying at the bottom of the page. When I clicked here, a new screen appeared (see attached), showing my spotify account connected to a device called Móhre-PC". I have no idea who or what this device is, as I have not connected my spotify account to another other devices other than my iPhone (to my knowledge)

When I attempted to play songs, they would be changed to other music that I had not selected or chosen, as if someone else was

I cannot see a way for me to either view the device(s) that are connected to my spotify account, or in fact more importantly a way of disconnecting devices connected to my spotify account.

Has anyone else had this happen? How has this happened? Any ideas how to remove connected devices?

IMG_3965.jpg
6 Replies

Hi @neiljp!

Go to your account page at https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/, scroll down and click/tap the 'Sign out everywhere' tab on the bottom of the page and finally, reset your password at https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/.

Cheers!

No disrespect, but that isn't a solution. It won't stop it from happening again. I haven't connect with another device and it happened to me as well so it sounds like our accounts are unsecured. How does it happen to begin with? What other security concerns does this create?

I'm emailing their support about this issue now. It seems like a major security issue. I don't understand why this would not be addessed as so many people have been reporting it.

One other thing, in your spotify web account you can see connected devices. But in my case all the devices are known and not the ones showing up on spotify connect.

I have same bug, this really is big security issue Spotify!

This has happened to me too. Reset my password, whoever has access to my account has been switching songs, to ones I've never heard of before. I've done the 'sign out everywhere' thing too, and uninstalled the app. Still there's a random 4K Sony Bravia TV connected to my devices.

Seriously concerning.

Anything came out regarding this issue?

Suggested posts