Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Next song skips to anywhere from 20-45 seconds

Next song in playlist skips ahead to anywhere between 20 and 45 seconds. Does this whether connected to bluetooth or not. Started happening with the most recent update. I own an iPhone X

• Casual Listener
  • Next song in playlist skips ahead to anywhere between 20 and 45 seconds. Does this whether connected to bluetooth or not. Started happening with the most recent update. I own an iPhone X
  • theskizler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files on iPhone greyed out and unplayable

I used to have no problem playing local files on my phone and suddenly they are now all greyed out and unplayable, and it's been like this for a month. I can still play them on the Macbook app and I have the most updated software and app versions. Bu...

• I used to have no problem playing local files on my phone and suddenly they are now all greyed out and unplayable, and it's been like this for a month. I can still play them on the Macbook app and I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why won’t Spotify let me download it to my iPhone?

I was trying to temporarily create space on my iPhone’s hard drive by deleting a few apps. Spotify was amongst them. After I completed my task, I attempted to redownload Spotify to my phone. For whatever reason, however, Spotify would only open throu...

• I was trying to temporarily create space on my iPhone’s hard drive by deleting a few apps. Spotify was amongst them. After I completed my task, I attempted to redownload Spotify to my phone. For what...
  • ponoboy
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading Local Files from Desktop to iPhone

I am trying to get my local files from my desktop to my iPhone. These are songs that I have bought on iTunes and can play on a Spotify playlist on my desktop, but when I try to sync them to my iPhone, I get the popup "Song Not Downloaded" and instruc...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to get my local files from my desktop to my iPhone. These are songs that I have bought on iTunes and can play on a Spotify playlist on my desktop, but when I try to sync them to my iPhone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with Spotify crashing in BMW

Spotify crashes after about 3 songs when I use it in my BMW via iDrive. Sometimes it even doesn’t appear on the iDrive menu. Seems to have started since latest iOS update. Any ideas?????

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify crashes after about 3 songs when I use it in my BMW via iDrive. Sometimes it even doesn’t appear on the iDrive menu. Seems to have started since latest iOS update. Any ideas?????
  • bellydancer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Being charged twice

My daughter has a Spotify account that comes out of her bank account yet for the last few months she has also payed Spotify on her phone bill as well . Vodafone have now deactivated her account and she can’t use Spotify . I need help to rectify this ...

• My daughter has a Spotify account that comes out of her bank account yet for the last few months she has also payed Spotify on her phone bill as well . Vodafone have now deactivated her account and s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (most recent v8.4.38) Pauses randomly on iOS 11.2.5

The title says it all, recently Spotify started to pause randomly while playing a song. I’m on iOS 11.2.5 and I am running Spotify v.8.4.38.

• The title says it all, recently Spotify started to pause randomly while playing a song. I’m on iOS 11.2.5 and I am running Spotify v.8.4.38. 
  • der_knorker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

song not downloaded iphone

I have a strange problem with the messages that spotify gives me. I have all the songs on spotify downloaded for offline use, but i still get a message that says "Song Not Downloaded." I know this isnt true, because i tested it out by turning off int...

• I have a strange problem with the messages that spotify gives me.  I have all the songs on spotify downloaded for offline use, but i still get a message that says "Song Not Downloaded."  I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Disable Genius Lyrics Auto Pop-up

Okay so I'm not a big fan of the Genius Behind the Lyrics option. But at least you could just ignore it by not clicking on it. Not anymore. Spotify's latest iOS update makes the "Behind the Lyrics" window pop-up automatically and you can't see the al...

• Music Fan
  • Okay so I'm not a big fan of the Genius Behind the Lyrics option. But at least you could just ignore it by not clicking on it. Not anymore. Spotify's latest iOS update makes the "Behind the Lyrics" w...
  • jimpanse113
  • Music Fan
  • 35 replies
  • 40 likes
  • Genius
    iOS
    lyrics
    pop-up
    Spotify
  • 35 replies
  • 40 likes

Apple watch Stand alone App

When will Spotify release a stand alone apple watch app?Listening to music on your apple watch would be awesome and choosing songs directly from your watch would be great

• Visitor
  • When will Spotify release a stand alone apple watch app? Listening to music on your apple watch would be awesome and choosing songs directly from your watch would be great
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Not all songs in playlist are showing

On my iPhone some of my playlists say they consist of 100+ songs but when I open the playlist I can only see 30 or so if these. Anyone know why?

• On my iPhone some of my playlists say they consist of 100+ songs but when I open the playlist I can only see 30 or so if these. Anyone know why? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Display problem when using display zoom on iphone

When using the "display zoom" feaures on my iPhone 8, some parts of the spotify screen area are not visible, causing particularly troubles- on the warning message when connected to a bmw car : the Ignore button cannot be reached- on the serach bar : ...

• When using the "display zoom" feaures on my iPhone 8,  some parts of the spotify screen area are not visible, causing particularly troubles - on the warning message when connected to a bmw car ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files to new phone?

My MacBook is older and is going to give out some point in the future. I’ve just downloaded my library to the local file and downloaded them to my current iPhone. I’m getting a new phone in a few months and I’m wondering if I can transfer those songs...

• Visitor
  • My MacBook is older and is going to give out some point in the future. I’ve just downloaded my library to the local file and downloaded them to my current iPhone. I’m getting a new phone in a few mon...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Alarm Clock

I’ve seen plenty of posts about requesting an alarm clock feature but it doesn’t look like they’ve been replied to in awhile. I base this off of Spotify’s answer showing that there are apps out there that integrate to Spotify to accomplish this. Righ...

• I’ve seen plenty of posts about requesting an alarm clock feature but it doesn’t look like they’ve been replied to in awhile. I base this off of Spotify’s answer showing that there are apps out there...
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Alarms
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

Carplay playlist

I have edited my playlists as sort by recently added. However, when I access to playlists in CarPlay, it has the playlist sorted by oldest first. So I have to scroll all the way down to see my recently added. Is there any solution about it ?

• I have edited my playlists as sort by recently added. However, when I access to playlists in CarPlay, it has the playlist sorted by oldest first. So I have to scroll all the way down to see my recent...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Carplay
    Playlists
    Sort Songs
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Local files added to a playlist, on iPhone issue

So I've added local files from my itunes into a created playlist in spotify (on my computer). However, when I want to play the playlist on my phone using the spotify app, it only includes music I have directly searched for from spotify, not including...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've added local files from my itunes into a created playlist in spotify (on my computer). However, when I want to play the playlist on my phone using the spotify app, it only includes music I hav...
  • neonnate
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No play queue in iOS

This makes me so mad. There’s a queue play button on the app, but whenever I tap it, it doesn’t work at all.

• Regular
  • This makes me so mad. There’s a queue play button on the app, but whenever I tap it, it doesn’t work at all.
  • Obataborsi
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes