Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

spotify locks up when connecting to carplay

when in the car I'm browsing spotify looking for something to play,when I find something I start it playing then connect via USB to carplay system. at this point the iphone 8 becomes unresponsive the spotify screen pulses and keeps pulsing for about ...

• when in the car I'm browsing spotify looking for something to play,when I find something I start it playing then connect via USB to carplay system.   at this point the iphone 8 becomes unrespo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Skipping Songs/Lock Screen Preview Stuck/Performance - SOLVED

Hey,this might help some people. I had several problems on my iPhone (5s, iOS11) like:- Some Songs skipped after 1sec- "Freezing" of the Preview/Control Spotify window when the phone is locked- overall slow performance- crashing/closing of the appTri...

• Hey, this might help some people. I had several problems on my iPhone (5s, iOS11) like: - Some Songs skipped after 1sec - "Freezing" of the Preview/Control Spotify window when the phone is locked ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

“Downloads” section disappeared 8.4.35

I updated Spotify on my iPhone 7plus to version 8.4.35. I went to go into the Downloads section to browse from the albums I’ve downloaded, and the section is totally gone. It was where playlists, artist etc etc was. What gives?

• Regular
  • I updated Spotify on my iPhone 7plus to version 8.4.35. I went to go into the Downloads section to browse from the albums I’ve downloaded, and the section is totally gone. It was where playlists, art...
  • Magic_Bananas
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

iPhone won't play ALL of playlist

I make playlists in a specific order to learn songs for gigs. All fine on MAc but on iPhone 7 it only plays a few then has 'recommended song' underneath (no actual songs) and jumps back to the start. This is VERY frustrating as I need to learn ALL of...

• I make playlists in a specific order to learn songs for gigs. All fine on MAc but on iPhone 7 it only plays a few then has 'recommended song' underneath (no actual songs) and jumps back to the start....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Como faco para usar meu mes gratuito ?

Spoiler (Highlight to read) Paguei o boleto pela primeira vez. COmo faco pra ter o mes gratuito ? No proximo mes vou poder ? Me ajudem... nao sei como funciona

•   Paguei o boleto pela primeira vez. COmo faco pra ter o mes gratuito ? No proximo mes vou poder ? Me ajudem... nao sei como funciona
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs automatically downloaded - why

Hi,I am experiencing a strange effect I think.I just started my trail an imported my existing iPhone-iTunes -Playlists.somehow all the songs I have there appear to be "downloaded" (green "arrow-down" icon in front)1. Why is that2. why does NONE of th...

• Regular
  • Hi, I am experiencing a strange effect I think. I just started my trail an imported my existing iPhone-iTunes -Playlists. somehow all the songs I have there appear to be "downloaded" (green "arrow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone control issues

Is there a fix for issues with headphone controls? En route to work this morning trying to skip to next track via headphone in line control and Apple Music app kept playing instead of Spotify.I've reset my iPhone, deleted and re-installed Spotify and...

• Is there a fix for issues with headphone controls? En route to work this morning trying to skip to next track via headphone in line control and Apple Music app kept playing instead of Spotify. I've ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Save To Device Nightmare (12th time this has now happened and I'm going to lose my mind)

Hi, this is legitimately the 12th time this has happened, and my soul gets chipped away at every time. I spend tons of time Saving albums for offline play. Every few months, randomly, they will all disappear. A couple of times, fine something quirky ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this is legitimately the 12th time this has happened, and my soul gets chipped away at every time.   I spend tons of time Saving albums for offline play.  Every few months, rando...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discovery - New Releases for You missing?

I've always been a avid user of the "New Releases for you" section in the Discovery tab.Somehow I don't see it anymore on my iPhone (and also not on my Mac too). Has this functionality been removed in the pas couple of weeks??

• Casual Listener
  • I've always been a avid user of the "New Releases for you" section in the Discovery tab. Somehow I don't see it anymore on my iPhone (and also not on my Mac too).   Has this functionality bee...
  • Badrvdm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Updated Spotify and all playlists are messed up and unreadable

Hi all wondered if someone could help - I was prompted to do a Spotify update yesterday and after doing so all my playlists are unreadable??? Ive tried a phone reset and restarted the app numerous times but nothing is working - has anyone else had th...

• Hi all wondered if someone could help - I was prompted to do a Spotify update yesterday and after doing so all my playlists are unreadable???    Ive tried a phone reset and restarted the ...
  • slsnider
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see local files on my iphone, but I can play them from my computer

Hello. I've been looking for a solution for waaay too long. So I'm trying to add mp3 files from my computer to spotify so that I can play them on my phone. I added them into a file that I named 'spotify local files' and then added that to the list of...

• Hello. I've been looking for a solution for waaay too long.   So I'm trying to add mp3 files from my computer to spotify so that I can play them on my phone. I added them into a file that I na...
  • Neefrey
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify as ringtone

Is it posible to aply a song from spotify as a ringtone on iPhone, if your a premium member? if not, can this be done?, by an app or otherwise? Regards.

• Is it posible to aply a song from spotify as a ringtone on iPhone, if your a premium member?   if not, can this be done?, by an app or otherwise?   Regards.
  • naticari
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! How to Disable Shuffle Play on the iPhone

This seems to be a very common issue so outside of Spotify changing the behavior, I'm going to post a separate topic based in THIS thread. The problem is once you press the shuffle button, the app will play all subsequent playlists in shuffle mode un...

shufflebutton.jpg list.jpg s1.jpg s2.jpg
  • Visitor
  • This seems to be a very common issue so outside of Spotify changing the behavior, I'm going to post a separate topic based in THIS thread.   The problem is once you press the shuffle bu...
  • debrasaltz
  • 58 replies
  • 63 likes
  • shuffle
    Shuffle in playlists
    Shuffle play
  • 58 replies
  • 63 likes

I cant sync my local files to my iPhone

Sooooooo. I've tried what spotify said to do to sync the local files from mac to iPhone but it cant seem to work. I've tried what they said on some other page if it isnt working. Please give a lending hand?

• Sooooooo. I've tried what spotify said to do to sync the local files from mac to iPhone but it cant seem to work. I've tried what they said on some other page if it isnt working. Please give a l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App will show nothing but logo

The app for IOS will not let me navigate anywhere and is just showing the spotify logo shown in the picture. obviously a glitch. please fix soon. the pregame is hurting

• The app for IOS will not let me navigate anywhere and is just showing the spotify logo shown in the picture. obviously a glitch. please fix soon. the pregame is hurting 
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! My public playlist doesn't show in my public playlists when viewing my own profile

I've updated and even uninstalled and re-installed. I've found other threads that mention a similar problem, some of them dating years back. It's not private, it's not collaborative. It's just my favorite playlist. I'm pretty sure that others can sti...

• Casual Listener
  • I've updated and even uninstalled and re-installed. I've found other threads that mention a similar problem, some of them dating years back.   It's not private, it's not collaborative. It...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify Community on Iphone

can you can spotify community on the iphone app? i don't know how to get to it, if so. can someone help me out!! thanks

• Music Fan
  • can you can spotify community on the iphone app? i don't know how to get to it, if so. can someone help me out!! thanks 🙂
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Program freezes after advertising

Hi all, I use the free version on iOS and over the last few weeks the program freezes after an ad has played. The next ad won’t start and I can’t change music or play anything else. The only way to get around this is to quit the program and reopen.At...

• Hi all, I use the free version on iOS and over the last few weeks the program freezes after an ad has played. The next ad won’t start and I can’t change music or play anything else. The only way to g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist graphics not populating on my iphone

Starting today no graphics are populating on my iphone. I tried shutting the phone off and restarting it. I deleted the app and re-installed it and still no album art, etc. What do you think is causing this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Starting today no graphics are populating on my iphone. I tried shutting the phone off and restarting it. I deleted the app and re-installed it and still no album art, etc. What do you think is causi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes