Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove the “playing recommended songs for you” feature

How can I remove the “playing recommended songs for you” feature

I don’t want to listen to music that’s not in my playlist
62 Replies

Hi there!

Which devices does this behavior occur on? Does it occur only on the desktop or also on the mobile app? Have you tried using the Web Player instead to see if there's a difference? A screenshot of what you're referring to would be greatly appreciated as we can get a clear idea of how things look on your end.

In general, if you're using the Free version of Spotify on your phone, and your playlist has less than 15 tracks in it, the app will automatically add new songs to the playlist so that its runtime increases and you don't get the same songs twice. This feature cannot be disabled, but if you add more than 15 songs, the additions from Spotify would disappear.

Capture.PNG

Premium users have access to the Enhance playlist feature, which automatically adds similar songs to your playlist as long as the feature is turned on. You can turn it off by clicking on the Enhance button at the top of your playlist.

image.png

Something else that's worth checking out is if the Autoplay feature is toggled on in the app's Settings and toggle it off. Autoplay continues the playback with similar songs once your current music finishes playing. More info can be found here.

Yordan_0-1673951382766.png

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this problem, where Spotify automatically makes recommendations to my Liked Playlist.  Roughly every third song is a recommendation, and these recommendations are terrible choices for my tastes.  I am on a premium family account, listening on an I Phone.  I see no "enhance" button among the banner items for my Liked songs playlist.  I have turned off autoplay.  I have nearly 4,000 songs that combine many genres on this playlist and want it to shuffle through.    It is substantially diminishing the value of Spotify for me.

Hey @pcmcdonnell,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

If you don't have the Enhance button, it's possible that the recommendations were added by the Smart Shuffle feature. This feature adds some recommended tracks to the playlist where it was activated and it's only available for Premium users.

To turn it off, you just need to tap the Shuffle button again to gray it out. In case you want to use the regular shuffle function, make sure to select the correct option when tapping the Shuffle button again. You'll find more info in this article

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks. This helps.

Pat

Hey @pcmcdonnell,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. 

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am not a premium member. Today I have had 8 straight songs that were recommended. I don’t want to listen to these. Have turned off auto play and have had 1 of my song choices play and now onto others that I don’t want to hear. This is on my iPhone. Been fine until half hour ago. Been listening to my choices Til then

This is trash. I should have to goto setting to add smart playlist features. I’m paying for a service and constantly having to make sure trash suggestion isn’t enabled. I just want my music. Maybe make this a completely separate toggle button. So annoying. 

Turn this feature off completely if you can't get it right 

Android. Fully updated.

Enhanced playlist off.

Playlist with over 200 songs.

Plays 3 songs on the playlist then switches to recommendations. 

Ah, now I see, despite constantly turning off smart shuffle it turns back on. Which reinforces my point.

Hi!

I'm not a Premium member, but even this is not a reason for hearing, since days ago, ONLY recommended songs. NONE of the songs on my Playlist are playing. None.

How is it possible???

Using Android App.

Thanks.

Agreed. I detest this feature.  I curate playlists for a reason!

I hate it too... Plz remove

I've noticed that recommended songs are now playing more than any in my playlist it is so annoying.  I only want to listen to songs in my playlist ! 

Same problem here, mobile version Android 12, premium family, autoplay toggled off, enhanced playlist and shuffle off.

Screenshot_20230715-215418.png

1. I get recommended songs queuing to play based on an album I was listening to, they just started playing right at the end of the album.

2. I tried reinstalling spotify, restarting my phone. Now I get the album radio playlist.

Please solve this.

Screenshot_20230715-215355.png
Screenshot_20230715-215418.png

Seems like we are all being forced to listen to stuff we don't want too... This is how Spotify makes money... Useless ads and bad artists... They have sold out, but I guess everyone gets greedy

This is happening to me as well, but I’m not a Premium user. The result is that songs I don’t like or want to listen to appear mid-playlist, and I’m not able to skip them.

I’m on mobile on iOS, not on a premium account, and I’m getting more “recommended” songs than ones I put in the playlist myself. 

log out and in twice ( two times)

sorry but it did work at first and i got exited when i played last songs from few of my playlists and they ended as they should, but last night did not work and spotify kept on playing. we have to wait for a permanent solution

Hey folks,

"Playing recommended songs for you" is caused by the Autoplay feature. There's currently an issue with Autoplay that was originally reported here and is being looked into by our tech teams. It seems that Autoplay on desktop is controlling the feature's behavior across all platforms, so try disabling it on the desktop app to see if that does the trick.

@Webrenner, if your playlist has less than 15 tracks in it, the mobile app will add similar songs to extend its duration. To get rid of them, you have to add more songs to your playlist. More info on the mobile app's experience for Free users here.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts