Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plays songs always in mixed order

Solved!

Spotify plays songs always in mixed order

I can't find a way to make spotify play my lists in the order they're ment to be, they are played always in mixed order no matter what I try to do. The problem is only when played in iPhone 5s, not in computer. Is there a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Riula and welcome to the community!

Are you a premium user? The option to not shuffle playlists is for premium users only.

If yes, have you checked if the shuffle button on the bottom of the player screen is green? If so, push it so it turns grey and shuffle will be disabled.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I think I have finally figured this out. Was having the same problem for weeks. So frustrating!

Anyway, when you play a song, an image of the album and the song title appear at the bottom of the screen.

Press that bar and the information goes up to fill the whole screen.

The shuffle icon is on the lower left. If it is green, press it to turn it gray.

View solution in original post

IMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg
20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Riula and welcome to the community!

Are you a premium user? The option to not shuffle playlists is for premium users only.

If yes, have you checked if the shuffle button on the bottom of the player screen is green? If so, push it so it turns grey and shuffle will be disabled.

Marked as solution

I think I have finally figured this out. Was having the same problem for weeks. So frustrating!

Anyway, when you play a song, an image of the album and the song title appear at the bottom of the screen.

The shuffle icon is on the lower left. If it is green, press it to turn it gray.

IMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg

@elihoughton wrote:

Hey there and welcome to the community!

Yes that's exactly what I meant. Thanks for the screenshots, hope that helps @Riula 🙂

Thanks so much for this - it's been driving me mad!

Thank you so so much!!

Thanks for this BUT how do I change the order of my somgs in the first place?
Many Thanks
Van

Thank you!

Thank you! Great instructions

How can I change the Shuffle button to a Play button in the first place.
Incredible a massage app still has bugs like this

Exactly! I get how to fix the default behavior, but why in bloddy **bleep** can we not switch the button on the first page to just say "Play" and not "Shuffle Play" ? 

Even better would be a continue function, I listen to a lot of curated stations and while shuffle play is fine there, it would be nice one time to hear the playlist in the order intended... except I can't sit through 40hrs of radio, so let me stop and come back with a continue option that survives the app being closed on my mobile device. 

Thanks!  Always fill old when i have to look it up but OTOH here it is.  Thanks again!

awful way to make money off people; thinking of easy jet and their creative ways to annoy people into paying more/  i have premium anyway and this did not help me.

**bleep**, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Thank you so much this was extremely helpful.

Im a premiun user, shuffle is disabled and Spotify not respect the sequence.

Yay!!! This worked solved my problem!!!

I am a premium user, and it is still shuffling, despite the shuffle icon not being on. Please help!

My husband does not have premium....I don't think....he has a free acct ...but he can play a soundtrack album start to finish....he has an android I have an iPhone....is there some other tier/account option? I just joined so very new at this 

I'm not sure I'm afraid. As for me it turned out that I had click the
shuffle tap on the lower left.

Suggested posts