Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

Solved!

Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

Hi,
I'm running the latest Spotify for iOS 5.0.1 version + did a complete restore on 2 iPhones 4S yesterday. I have the same problem on both my iPhones: Spotify is unbearably slow to sync offline playlists.
I have 1200 songs that I want to sync for offline listening. The mobile Spotify app is extremely slow to sync songs and usually stops after 20-25 songs. This has been happening for weeks if not months.
I have a blazing fast cable connection: 100Mb download speed + backup 8Mb download DSL. I've tried on these 2 connections + a 20Mb DSL connection at work and I have the same issue. Wifi signal is 5/5 on both iPhones and bandwidth tests are good.
Friends of mine living where I live (Strasbourg, France) don't seem to have the same problem. I can only think that it might be related to my account.
In addition, I've had to re-download all my playlists something like every 2 weeks for the last 4 or 5 month. I'm only using Spotify for offline listening on 2 devices so it has nothing to do with the 3 device limit.
I usually turn offline mode off every 5 days to make sure my offline playlists will stay on my 2 iPhones but I still have to re-download everything very frequently.
Spotify has become unbearably painful to use because of all this...
Please help!
Thank you,
Fred
226 Replies

My router doesn't even support B. 

What do you mean?

It is fairly slow for me but I am a new user so not quite sure how fast it is 'meant' to be?  Can anyone advise?

syncing should be almost as fast as downloading a song off itunes. 

That's what I thought - it's definitely not syncing that quickly.

iPhone 5, have changed the proxy as suggested previously here, but doesn't seem quicker.

Quite annoying having to spend almost an entire night trying to sync not many songs, I can only imagine how long I'd be if I tried to sync my whole library...probably until about this time next year.

Don't suppose there has been an official answer to this problem yet? I've got the latest iOS on ipod touch, its been about 30 minutes to sync 4 songs.

Nope. There was a "we are aware of the situation" post, but that was almost 2 months ago. This has been going on since the iPhone 5 was realeased. 

Marked as solution

Please come to this topic in the new bugs section to provide more info and help us find out what might be causing this.

The point of starting this new topic is to try and gather more specific information, which in turn can hopefully help us identify possible causes.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts