Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: iPhone 4s offline playlist syncing very slow. Please help.

a4suited
Regular
updated it last night still the same issues. i let it run overnight after the update and restart. turned off lock screen and staed playing a song with spotify app open. 200 songs synced in 7 hours? Extreme quality. That's not very good. Again its not my network as my android tablet an sync the entire list in half that time.

jase484
Regular
Hi, no update had appeared? Left running all night to sync, both iPhone and iPad, very very slow still

Re: Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

onetvs

Got the same problem 1 track/1 minute. 

bradich
Casual Listener

Same for me.  Extremely slow.  Takes hours to sync ~an albums worth of songs.

Salomonb
Casual Listener
Solution. Turn OFF back up of Spotify in ICloud settings. That resolved the problem

Salomonb
Casual Listener
Solution. Turn OFF back up of Spotify in ICloud settings. That resolved the problem

jase484
Regular
The iCloud thing doesn't work. It's not available in the settings for me. Come on spotify, sort this out, this is the main reason I pay a subscription and still my songs are not synced. Wondering what I am paying for here. This used to work just fine.
1 person liked this

bradich
Casual Listener
Turning off iCloud backup didn't help me either. Time of day doesn't really seem to effect it at all.

a4suited
Regular
Still the same problem. This is quite frustrating. It's been an hour and 3 songs synced. What is going on???? iOS 5.1.1 extreme and it's so slow!! Again I sync just fine with my android tablet but I want to have my offline playlists on my iPhone. Please help!
Solution! 3 people liked this

iDome
Casual Listener

Hello community,

I just started using the Spotify premium service. I was pretty happy and overwhelmed about the features.

Firstly I only used it on my windows desktop and my macbook. Everythings works perfectly there.

What I did

A while after I found out that there is an iPhone app. I installed it, synced my songs for offline use. Worked!

Than again after a while I found out that there is an iPad app. Also synced for offline use. Worked!

Problem

And again I discovered a new feature. "Sync in extrem quality". I changed the settings from high to extrem on both my iPad and iPhone.

Spotify resynced (form high to extrem) all the songs on my iPad within a few minutes. But it takes hours (still syncing) on my iPhone. I tried to reinstall Spotify on my iPhone and restarted it. Didn't help. I can't get Spotify to sync the songs for offline use on my iPhone. Even if I set quality to normal. The problem just appeared out of nowhere.

Please help.

EDIT

Long story shot: Offline syncing is slow on iPhone but fast on iPad and Mac. iOS5.1.1. Same WiFi. Worked before, problem just occured.

EDIT2

Seems that many others have the same problem with sync beeing slow on the iPhone. This user also reports that his iPhone is slow but iPad fast.

Please reply and show that you are interessted in fixing the problem or me and I'm sure many others might cancle their subscription which would be a shame. Cause the service you offer is realy great.

SUGGESTED POSTS