Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

Solved!

Re: iPhone 4s offline playlist syncing very slow. Please help.

neilvg
Regular

Re: Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

neilvg
Regular

This needs to be fixed or I am leaving - I just joined today.  RHAPSODY is better.

a4suited
Regular

I've tried high quality on the iPhone. thats still slow as well.

I had to just make a smaller playlist just for the iphone and sync that playlist for offline listening. Kind of annoying but I couldn't just leave my iPhone screen on for a week to let all the songs sync...

neilvg? why bother posting here if you're just going to waste everyones time?

Thanks for your posts everyone else!

Highlighted

neilvg
Regular

@a4suited:  I don't understand what you mean.  My post "REPLY" was meant to be a further beckoning directed towards the Spotify Team to answer the above posts, specifically the one right before mine, which explicitely stated that Spotify should acknowledge this issue by replying to this thread.

Understand?  Admittedly, my post was created out of frustration.

Neil

a4suited
Regular

My apologies as "REPLY" doesn't help the situation. Sorry to single you out on this but if you want to get things worked out its usually best to provide them information to work with. iOS. ver, device, etc etc.

I get your frustration though. This is VERY frustrating. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Apples policies. They don't want people to make money through their apps unless it goes through Apple (i.e. iTunes, in-app purchases, etc. etc.). What Spotify has in place is likely a workaround that isn't the most efficient way. It is the only thing that makes sense,

Seeing as this is a service we pay for and Apple doesn't make a cut off of it I'm pretty sure they are not making it easy for Spotify.I develop for iOS but own Android devices and it syncs up quickly on Extreme. It's definitely an iOS problem that needs to be solved. I do suspect the fix will get Spotifies app pulled from the App store. Even a temporary pull from the app store for such a high profile company is not good. For example even Dropbox has been running into issues with its apps being rejected because of a paid option they provide when signing up as a new member.

We'll see what comes of this. I really do hope they at least give us some answers.

Cheers.

carlharris

I'm having this problem as well. I've just signed up for Spotify. It's just not oing to be usable at these speeds for syncing offline music. Maybe I'll go back to Rdio.

xAliceD

i've got the same problem too... its unnormal that it takes much time like this to sync the playlists -.- please fix it soon  :P

David
Spotify Legend

I just merged two threads together, so I apologise if this looks a little weird. 

I just saw the newer replies, so I'll pop this over to our top men again to take a little look at. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

njuniper
Casual Listener

Please fix this.

Signed up for Premium Account in order to sync music to iPhone for offline use, but this is UNUSEABLE.

The sync is way too slow. Hours and hours for 3 albums!!!!!

dangrmous
Regular

Same here with my iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, latest Spotify. Phone is plugged in via USB.

Extremely slow sync. Not acceptable to use this app, I'm going to cancel Spotify premium in a month if this isn't fixed, since I only use it in Offline mode (thanks to AT&T's horrible data network)

SUGGESTED POSTS