Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

Solved!

Re: Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify is slow to sync almost everywhere! Even in 15M internet Offline downloading takes years.

araup
Casual Listener
I would assume so. Which explains why they are completely ignoring this thread, others and even a direct message via the contact form on their website... Very troubling, indeed.
Highlighted
Solution!

alex24x7
Casual Listener

I just read through this thread and I'm surprised at how poorly Spotify communicates with its paying customers. I mean, this is obviously a problem for so many people, so how come the people at Spotify aren't more vocal on this thread? This is BS.

I'll be quiting this service if it doesn't improve soon. Its been one year since I joined and the same problem with slow syncing exists today. There has been no improvement. I'll give it one more month and then I'm out.

Atreidae
Casual Listener

I am experiencing the same issue. syncing Local files (as in, mp3s / m4a's from my old libary) so its not a downloading problem.

Now i get these might have to be transcoded into Ogg but my CPU is bored. (<30% usage) and the issue doesnt appear on the ipad

Windows 8 (happens in my Windows 7 machine too)

Laptop can be connected via Gigabit Ethernet or on 2.4+5Ghz  N wireless. no difference.

I can sync the Ipad at the same time and it flies. (11 tracks in the time it takes the iphone to do 1)

Both devices get similar wireless speeds to my LAN and to the internet

I dont remember it being this bad when I bought the service.

This is clearly an app side issue

Desktop app version 0.8.4.93.gd9f49c35

iPhone 4S 32 GB iOS 5.0.1 Jailbroken

app version0.5.3 build 0.8.2.1377.gc0029917

iPad 2 64GB iOS 5.0.1 Jailbroken

app version  0.5.2.374.g2c5b1077 build 0.8.2.1363.g47019313

Hope this helps diagnose the issue, Ive already blown my data quota once because I couldnt sync.

Will this make me stop using the service? No. But I will stop reccomending it.

Bredal
Casual Listener

Having the same problem as everyone else and tried all the suggestions in this thread.

Will this stop me from using spotify? Definitely. If i wanted cheap or even free music from my laptop I'd listen to my om collection of my laptop or use grooveshark, youtube or something else.

The ONLY reason i bought a subscription was to be able so sync and listen to music offline. Since this isnt' working there's really no reason for me to have a subscription, and I'm sure 75% of all spotify users feels the same way.

Recommendations, not a chance. Spotify is the most overrated hyped product I've seen in a long time....

shavermac

Yeah, never has so much been promised and so little delivered. Nothing happening for me when I try to sync, no progress bar, nothing, don't know.

Don't know why spotify treats ipads differently anyway. Mine is not setup as a mobile (3G/4G) device and therefore operates only at home - just like my home pc. So why should it be treated any differently?  Dont worry, I know the answer. $$$$.

The irony is that with a small home pc and a mobile chip I can stream spotify anywhere, anyway. 

Other things your ipad wont do? Play Europsort player without a special subscription, play any videos needing flash, play internet radio requiring flash, etc, etc. Pretty much useless compared to a pc worth half the price.

jwusoccer
Casual Listener

Same thing for me on my android phone and my ipod touch.. It took 17 hours to sync 128 songs. If spotify doesn't do anything about this within the next month, i'm definately going back to mog.. The music selection isn't as good, but there isn't a problem with syncing/downloading offline tracks. On my phone, it was so slow i thought the percentage bar was for the ENTIRE playlist, but i found out it was just one song. This is unbearably slow, i don't know how anyone puts up with it.

P-a-t-r-i-c-k

I just signed up for Spotify Premium and I'm in Australia. I've having the same issue as everyone else on this thread - extremely slow sync to my Android phone. When I was with Rdio, the sync was very fast. Rdio took approximately 1 min to download an album to my phone. Spolitfy - at least 5 to 10 minutes for ONE album.

I really hope they fix this issue as I use my pohone as the main way I listen to music on my commute to work.

skennedy789
Music Fan

Please fix this problem! Just in case Spotify forgot, we are PAYING customers, and we need our software to function half-decently. 

rubenkl
Casual Listener

As ya'll understand, I'm another brother who has a problem with the spotify sync.

I have the excact problem as everyone else, it takes years to sync my songs. I have a stable 20MB/5MB internet connection, and everything is running smooth, except, spotify for Iphone ofcourse. 147 of 562 songs synced in 6 hours!!!!

New iphone, new sim card, fresh install of spotify. Won't work.

FIX IT

SUGGESTED POSTS