Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

Solved!

Re: Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

njeo
Regular

I had the same problems with several minutes to synchronise a track, but found that synchronising at 6am was considerably faster than during the evening. So I had to wake up earlier in order to sync! 

However I'm now syncing 961 tracks at 8pm on a Sunday and it's already done 170 tracks, so it seems the problem I've experienced over the last few months has been fixed and syncing is back to normal. I had an iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 at all times and now 5.1. 

Salomonb
Casual Listener

I am having the same problen with slow sync. I am cosidering canceling and returning to Pandora and Itunes. it was fast at one time now it takes forever to download. what made me sing up and be an advocate fo this servce was the speed of download

iPhone 4s offline playlist syncing very slow. Please help.

a4suited
Regular
This is so frustrating! Just got a new iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1 and the offline playlist syncing is so slow! About 8 songs after an hour??

I have spotify on my MacBook pro and my android tablet. Syncs up super quick over my home network. I have a very fast Internet connection. What is going on here? I've tried keeping the screen unlocked and tried turning off mobile data. Ive also tried downloading offline playlists with the app playing. No luck. What is wrong with the iOS app?

Re: iPhone 4s offline playlist syncing very slow. Please help.

swisscub
Gig Goer

Hey suited,

Have you tried (since you just got a new phone I assume the app is downloaded new too) to delete and re-install the app? How about rebooting the app first and try it again?

jase484
Regular

I'm having this issue also. First 50 or so tracks sync no problem, then it just grinds to a halt almost. Don't understand , I'm sure this used to work just fine.

a4suited
Regular
I tried deleting the app an reinstalling. Still super slow. On my android tablet it too just a n hour to sync my entire 1200 song playlist. On my iPhone it's ridiculously slow. It's been 6 hours and only 46 songs downloaded fork offline playlists? What is going on? I'm about to cancel my subscription over this.

Yes I'm on wifi. Yes I've tried different networks. Yes I have a track playing and the screen to never sleep or lock. Ive tried everything. So is the app just broken. If that's the case i wish spotify would just admit it so I know what to expect!

David
Spotify Legend
What quality are you syncing at?
Airhorn Enthusiast

jase484
Regular

Getting the same. Good upto about 50 tracks then slows down to a crawl.

Have just reinstalled the app and changed the quality from extreme back to high. Same thing. 50 tracks in a couple of minutes and then about 1 track per 3-5 mins thereafter.

jase484
Regular

It's also killing the battery very quickly.

David
Spotify Legend
We just released a little update for iOS - Take a little look over at your App Store, you should have an update.
Airhorn Enthusiast
SUGGESTED POSTS