zackkkkk
Casual Listener

Testing result:

syncing a 4 mins length song.

time used: 77 s

Route monitored speed: 140kb/s to 160 kb/s

Setting: extreme

So, one song is about: 12MB

therefore the problem here is the speed. Spotify should cdn or building local servers to boost up the speed. other services like Google and iTunes all have full bandwidth speed, which in normall case would be 1MB/s.

Re: Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

misterfusty
Casual Listener

I'm having this problem too. Just signed up today for a premium account, I nearly went with Rdio. I wish I had now! :smileyfrustrated:

kajurria
Casual Listener

Same problem here. Just upgraded tot premium to be able to do offline plays but syncing is unbearably slow.

kajurria
Casual Listener

Sometimes I also receive an error message "Offline Playlists: There was an error communicating with Spotify. Some tracks couldn't be made available offline. Spotify will try again later"

dangrmous
Regular

I GIVE UP!!! :catmad:

I have am canceling Spotify Premium.

All of my offline content on my phone disappeared and now I have to spend another eight hours re-syncing it. This is totally unacceptable.

I will re-subscribe to Spotify Premium if you:

• Stop making songs randomly disappear off my phone after a month or whatever
  • Allow syncing over the iPhone cable from already-synced songs on my desktop computer  - this would be so fast

Thanks!

Geoff

araup
Casual Listener

It really bothers me that this thread, despite all the attention it has received from paying subscribers MONTHS ago, has not been resolved by the powers that be. I'm having this issue months later, and find that not only is the thread still open, but no official fix or update has been issued to resolve this matter. I've been considering, like many others, switching back to MOG or Rdio - this may be the dealbreaker, Spotify, so get your **bleep** together please.

Rugbymiss
Casual Listener
Yep, having the same problem here with iPhone 4S. iPad syncs nice and quick, but the iPhone syncing is not acceptable. A timeframe and info on a likely fix would be great. Otherwise I'll (sadly) walk. Currently I'm paying for music service but not getting any music.....

Ludenbone

I had the same problem but now problem solved for me.

in spotify settings on my iphone i saw a button called "sync over 2g/3g" switched it on and then it syncs really fast.

Rugbymiss
Casual Listener
I've played around with the 2G/3G setting and that hasn't made a difference for me. Glad it worked for you though!

shadow_shooter
Music Fan

I am also having the same problem on Android, so I assume this is a problem to do with their insufficient servers.

SUGGESTED POSTS