Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing after hanging up a call using BlueTooth device. iOS 12.4.1

Spotify starts playing after hanging up a call using BlueTooth device. iOS 12.4.1

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 12.4.1

My Question or Issue

I have a very annoying issue with spotify starting automatically as soon as I hang up a call when using my bluetooth headset. I´ve already tried to uninstall spotify and re-install and it didn´t fix the issue. This happens every time I finish a phone call. Very annoying. 

4 Replies

Hi @SwedishMisha,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. It indeed sounds very annoying not being able to end a phone call normally while using Bluetooth.

Has this issue been present since the very beginning? Or has it ever worked correctly? Additionally, do you have multiple Bluetooth devices to check if it happens with any Bluetooth device?

Kind regards

Hi,

In the past I never encountered this. Unfortunately I changed my bluetooth headset at the same time IOS was updated. So I do not know if this is an IOS related problem or is connected to the headset (OnePlus Bullet 2). Still very annoying that spotify starts as soon as I hang up and then I manually have to stop spotify. I have not checked any other bluetooth devices. I will try with my Bose headset and see if it´s the same issue or not.

Hi @SwedishMisha,

As you mentioned, it could indeed be related to iOS or the Bluetooth headset. It is highly unlikely related to the Spotify app and actually very likely related to iOS. Still, to be sure we would do best to confirm it is not related to the headset first as it is easiest to rule out.

One thing you could do to confirm whether it is related to iOS is to remove the Spotify app and make sure the Apple Music app is installed. Play a song and pause/stop it. Then test if ending a call with the Bluetooth headset will start music automatically in the Apple Music app.

Keep us up to date here and I'll be happy to help you anyway I can!

Hey @SwedishMisha, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That is an iOS feature so after you stop doing something that interrupted a former action, the latter one will continue automatically.

Also, I'd suggest updating to iOS 13 which was released yesterday.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts