Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing when iPhone screen goes into standby/powersave (i.e. after one minute!)

Spotify stops playing when iPhone screen goes into standby/powersave (i.e. after one minute!)

Hi, 

I've got an iPhone 5s and Spotify Premium and its always worked really well. I usually use it in the car or when runnign and it has been fine up until today!

Now, when I play something Spotify stops playing when iPhone screen goes blank - ie power saving - which it NEVER did before. I can't play tunes from the screensaver (ie locked phone) screen either. 

Can't find anything on the forums that looks similar. Please help!!

Thanks

Lucy

4 Replies

in my Iphone 5C has the same trouble, even when I open another app, spotify stops playing, I don´t know why!!! 😞 ...please some body help. When I try to press the play button, didn´t work, didn't let me play the song...

Hi Lucy, I only exit and stop de application, and open again, and works fine again, I hope this helpful for you

In the end I trashed the app and then reloaded. then it worked again. Massive pfaff though....

Can you make sure you have the 'Background App Refresh' enabled on your iPhone by going to:

Settings - General - 'Background App Refresh'

Then make sure this is enabled, and in the application list below there make sure 'Spotify' is checked.

If that has been done, and still doesn't give any results go to your settings in your Spotify application and then choose 'Steamingquality' which on the bottom has the option to enable 'Synchronisation through mobile' (words may be different as I use Spotify in a different language)

Bjorn

Spotify Community newcomer

Spotify Last.FM

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm Dutch, so please pardon my brevity.

Suggested posts